A show about working-class characters made for a middle-class audience. Fundamentally dishonest

A show about working-class characters made for a middle-class audience. Fundamentally dishonest.

Attached: MV5BMmZmMjgyOTUtZjljMS00NjhlLTkzMmItM2EyMzY5NzU0NzFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjIzMTEyNDk@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1250, 227K)

Is this just “Atlanta” but with white people?

its more of a drama with a whisper of comedy, there's no jokes.
I've worked a wide range of kitchens and this show hit it outta the ballpark

It's just some guys cooking and winning. Extremely good show, top notch cinematography

The ending doesn't make any sense when you think about it for two minutes. Wouldn't Cicero know that Carmine had all that money, even if he tried to hide it? Where would he be getting all the money to soup up the new restaurant? He still owes Cicero the money. And why would the brother kill himself if he could just pay the money back?

the manufactured shout tension gets old quick

Everything in fictional tv shows is manufactured.

it's a mechanism in the show. it's just abrasive.

>hole in the wall mom n pop sandwich shop has like a dozen full time employees
>top fine dining chef wants to turn around shithole yet doesn't immediately clean house
lmao

His brother probably wasn't saving the money for a new restaurant. His brother was a drug addict and was probably expecting to just run away with it. Remember he told that women the place won't even be open in a month or two.

They don't really do that at mom n pops places.

yeah they don't need to because the staff isn't tv ensemble size
and new ownership always clean house if they're smart

it's a bourgeois fapfest like anything else that has come out in the last 6 years

If the new owner is some corporation or crypto bro playing business. There was a reason Carmen ran it with the same people his brother did. Did you not watch the show or get what was happening?

>The heckin evil crypto bro
go back to R*ddit

I didn't say they were evil. I said they place business. I have some personal experience with that.

It’s a place in Chicago that actually gets customers. Not a little cafe in a one horse town.

>filthy shithole with employees who openly disrespect new owner
yeah they'd get sacked
>There was a reason Carmen ran it with the same people his brother did
it's called hollywood bullshit

What part of family-run business did you not understand?

Point remains that Cicero would just take the money back once he found out Carmine had it, which would make it hard to revamp the restaurant. Even if Carmine lied and said he got a loan, Cicero would still probably be able to sniff out that something was going on.

We never told how much they have and it's implied that he paid Cicero.

Yeah, it's weird. The only logic I can think of is that Michael thinks that Carm can use the money better than he can to prop up the restaurant so he leaves it somewhere the loan sharks can't find it and assumes Carm will be able to pay back the loan sharks with the profit from a more successful restaurant
But since Michael was a suicidal drug addict who the fuck knows what he was thinking.

>it's implied that he paid Cicero.
When?