Dune 2021 is a bad movie

rewatched it giving it another chance. second part of the film is complete garbage i fell asleep again. fremen are portrayed as disgusting sand people with no brain, yet they have fancy tech but no factory or explanaiton how and where its done by them. music is the worst thing with a women screaming strange umba wumba things like african tribes only worse, cant even call it music. effects are poor beside the harkonnen guided rockets and the lascannon from the capital ship when duncan idaho leaves arrakeen but you see good things for maximum 5-7 minutes total. actors are bad choices with exceptions of some of the atreides and rabban. the worms are done in the worst way possible, ive seen fan made stuff done better.
once again good material wasted. even madman jodorowsky would have done it better.

Attached: Dune-2021.jpg (840x1200, 227.27K)

It took me 3 days to get through this. I don’t see how anyone could find the story interesting today, maybe back in the 60s when sci-fi was a brand new concept sure.

read the books or watch the spicediver edit of the 1984 film they are the only acceptable ways to consume dune

if you can accept bad cgi and very strange costumes but a somehow good story more like the book go watch the miniseries that was running on tv long time ago.

lynch version has its own charm but nah, not much to do with the book.

DUNC is peak villeneuvisms, ie peak garbage.
You can literally see the worst parts of every PoS he's made up until now, coalesce into a single film, DESPITE the fact that it's got source material. But for me, the most egregious thing of all was the way they handled space travel. That is, they didn't handle it at all. AAAAAAAT AAAAAAAAAALL IT JUST FUCKING FADES/CUTS TO BLACK OR WHATEVER AND IT'S LIKE THE FILM'S IMPLYING THEY WOKE FROM CRYO OR WHATEVER THE FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Attached: mfw.jpg (400x400, 14.85K)

its "travel whitout moving" interpreted by villeneuve. the ship is at 2 places at the same time. if you look in the middle of the ring you can see caladan from dune. bad stuff, maybe to save money.

here you see the imperial homeworld in the middle of the spacefolding ring in the orbit of caladan. there is no travel. you enter and exit.

Attached: ygk7k8dyhp391.png (1533x1036, 1.08M)

Yeah, but Jessica is good looking

Attached: 1635009313872.jpg (960x819, 118.93K)

The worst thing is it doesn't feel like a Villeneuve movie at all. It's very obvious he had no control over it and the studio absolutely fucked him. It's especially clear during the action sequences which are extremely dull and safe.
>music is the worst thing with a women screaming strange umba wumba things
I'm so glad someone else noticed this. It's SO FUCKING BAD. It's like hanz zimmer just got a free sample cd of "Le African Vocals" from the front cover of Computer Music Magazine circa 2003 and just copied them straight into his music without even editing them.

>Spicediver
Based
>Book
Based

Dune: The Ballet is also acceptable

Attached: 231c851e5f.jpg (719x480, 31.85K)

yes best jessica in all adaptations, rabban is also great and so is duncan idaho but you cannot beat patrick steward charging into battle with a pup in his hands...

Attached: Q25gWDJ.gif (200x222, 466.87K)

Shields were mostly iffy in the books but they were fucking retarded in the movie. Once they get to Arrakis, nobody even uses them.
>Le Hallway Fight with DUNCan
So fucking shitty. He doesn't even make contact with half of the Sardaukar.

What did Lynch mean by this? There's no pup in the book.

>Dune 2021 is a bad movie
Well its official. Someone tell Dennis to wrap pre-production. Anonymous faggot on Any Forums officially declared Dune to be bad.

nobility in lynch film has massive amounts of doggos. nobody knows why.

Attached: pup.jpg (259x194, 6.92K)

Jesus Christ I forgot how brutally atrocious Lynch's "version" is. What a clusterfuck.

Attached: dog_overkill.png (809x382, 271.98K)

Attached: pup2.jpg (260x194, 8.17K)

You both know what I fucking mean.
Whole thing was like a few seconds, a few frames. Blink and you'll literally miss it. Compared to an entire bloody scene got from 1984's dune. An entire scene! We saw a navigator, we saw the tank, we saw spice, we saw the final stage of mutation, we saw an interpretation of how navigators guide the heighliner through space. Regardless of whether it was good or not, it gave us something at least.

DUNC was profoundly dissapointing, but at least I was prepared given villeneuve's track record. Still left a bad taste in my mouth though.

It's actually a nice original touch of world building. The setting is supposed to feature a decadent aristocracy, which aught to have weird classist fads. Pedigree dog breeds fits perfectly. The atreides pug is there with them when they leave Caladan, it's with them when they arrive on arrakis, it takes part in the battle against the harkonnens, and it is there at the end, when Paul is triumphant.