James Webb First image reveal thread

James Webb First image reveal thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=JiJI8leClGc

Attached: 1656256913222.jpg (1200x800, 163.5K)

Deep Impact is an underrated movie if you want some space kino

>biden
lol lmao

Attached: 16571229908880.webm (680x414, 2.83M)

How many millions (billions?) have they spent on this potemkin satellite while they show everyone faked computer images.

have we found aliens yet

Do I have to wait a whole minute? What if I starve in the meantime?

ITS 4 O'CLOCK NOW WHERE IS MY IMAGE?!?!?!

the fact that the telescope takes images outside the visible spectrum makes it a lot less exciting

why is the president announcing this

His ratings arent doing that well so he wants some points by associating himself with the most anticipated astrological event in decades

how is this possible when it clips at the back?

pretty pathetic

He needs some good PR. How many questions will he field before the press starts asking about the economy, etc.?

People dont believe they sent a giant golden telescope into space, do they? THey literalyl destroy entire countries to steal their gold.

oh man, and here I thought it was because they had found ayys

Attached: 61763496_401.jpg (700x394, 40.2K)

No, this is a "Look at our new toy!" event.

>duh this is like a space telescope thing to see into the past of uhh the like stars man... and uh if we look back far enough you wont be able to see my self induced national inflation lol *cough*

>President Biden announced this morning that the James Webb Telescope, initially named after a former white NASA administrator, was to be renamed the Katherine Johnson Telescope. Katherine Johnson was a Black NASA mathematician whose calculations of orbital mechanics as a NASA employee were critical to the success of the first and subsequent U.S. crewed spaceflights. Her career was portrayed in the 2016 biographical film Hidden Figures.

Attached: sdfwer.jpg (920x584, 41.12K)

INCOMING

Attached: UUUUOOOH.jpg (916x840, 208.08K)

WE WUZ SPACE TELESCOPES N SHIET

>pedoscope
no wonder biden is announcing it

Why did they name a space telescope after a basketball player?

This is false

What the fuck you mean first

Attached: -8e18f3363d22.jpg (2400x1350, 567.67K)

>the new telescope at my request has a smell-o-vision module to sniff prepubescent child aliens up to 1000 lightyears away

Jesus christ, let the man retire, he's fucked.

Attached: 1655718810824.jpg (453x453, 12.11K)

They think they are so smart by rewriting history. Instead they just accelerate the transition to America losing influence in a multipolar world.

>It's literally nothing
Go home everyone, space is cancelled

>it's worth the billion in cost because....we get clearer resolution of shit a billion miles away

Attached: ssfdg34.png (600x800, 37.85K)

sensor test image
does not represent what the james webb telescope is capable of.
I mean, I certainly hope it doesn't look that shitty.