Color grading is a fucking scourge

do directors even watch their own films anymore? do they have any idea what savagery is going on in post production???
jesus fucking christ they all look like complete dogshit now
they pay these actors millions and then RUIN the final product

WHY

Attached: day-shift.jpg (2560x1068, 255.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ulJciotFRY
youtube.com/watch?v=GLs2xxM0e78
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ORANGE AND TEAL MOTHERFUCKER

Attached: ORANGE-AND-TEAL.jpg (2346x982, 269.18K)

bump

man it's almost like the sun gives us orange/yellow light and the sky gives us blue. what the fuck, god

watch the trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=7ulJciotFRY
does any of that look natural?

Attached: Free-Orange-and-Teal-Mobile-Desktop-Lightroom-Preset.jpg (1200x800, 437.37K)

This. I go outside and everyone is tinged in teal. Yes, my sight has been checked and is not malfunctioning.

I've worked on film sets for 10+ years. The general notion from hack directors, producers and cinematographers is "We'll fix it in post".
So they shoot shit and then some hack color-correction guys and hack editors try to salvage it.

Look at this nasty upcoming shit from a bunch of Oscar winners, some of the most nauseating cinematography I've seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=GLs2xxM0e78

so what happened to all the people who used to be responsible for properly lighting things, choosing nice colors / set design / etc?
did they just stop using those people to save money, thinking it could all be colorized digitally?
when I watch movies from the pre-grading days it's like it was filmed on another planet
and it's fucking doubly sad because modern digital cameras are amazing, they COULD capture color beautifully if anybody could be bothered to create sets and lighting worth looking at

They're clearly going for that look, going by their clothes and the car colours matching and shit. At that point it doesn't matter whether it looks natural, just like you shouldn't be an autist about something not looking realistic in a Wes Anderson flick.

is it too saturated? yeah but that's to appeal to the zoomer generation. there's no point getting hung up on warm and cool contrasts. it's all around you. get over it

I guess they all got fucked when digital became the norm and the money guys decided they don't need to have a huge truck with lights and it would be faster and cheaper to do it all digitally.

after watching the trailer, colour grading is far from the worst problem going on in this film.

being happy as a normie must be so fucking easy.

>They're clearly going for that look
do you not understand what grading is?
it changes the colors of EVERYTHING willy-nilly
it's to create a false coherence by literally fucking the entire palette of the movie
fuck you for being this stupid

lighting black people and white people in the same shot is actually a real challenge. it was even mentioned in David Simon's show The Deuce.

in Stranger Things it's honestly quite hard to see Caleb's facial features in some darker spooky settings because he's surrounded by waitu piggu.

I guess it's fitting for what looks to be a totally incoherent plot

fuck off Denis

Attached: orange and teal the movie.jpg (2800x1886, 2.23M)

>is actually a real challenge
how about just don't used mixed casts in movies
problem solved lol

>David O Russel

PASS

you gotta hand it to dennis, he can make anything look extremely boring
I tried watching blade runner 2049 again and just wanted to yawn myself to death from the set design

he even managed to make a 100ft-tall nude hot pink Ana De Armas boring.