/tbg/ - The Boys General

What Did He Do Wrong Edition
Previous:

Attached: jensenswag.jpg (765x1200, 134.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sports.yahoo.com/boys-showrunner-eric-kripke-breaks-160000545.html
youtube.com/watch?v=M1ahS9RjBiU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

literally nothing

Attached: 1641964352347.webm (640x360, 1.81M)

>The only thing Soldier Boy is heard saying that could be construed as racist is the word "oriental"
>Hughie's dad says the same thing in Season 1
lol

Attached: finale.jpg (2047x1151, 175.63K)

I REFUSE to believe he didn't actually storm Normandy.

his voice is pure sex. I am thinking about watching all 500 seasons of Supernatural just for him

>hurting and troubled character
>doesn't give a shit about anyone
>repeatedly mentions there are no real super heroes
>just wants to exact vengeance
>presented with the opportunity to do so
>saves her friends instead of finishing off the man who ruined her life
>in her final moment she chose to be a hero
>don't actually kill of this character
>have some mopy moment "hey I'm still fighting haha should I wear a pirate patch?"
How can you be this fucking shit at writing? Holy shit Maeve's arc is one of the only things with any substance in this show and they fuck it up

Attached: maeve.jpg (1600x900, 125.12K)

thank you for saving my son butcher

Attached: chudlander.png (500x750, 347.78K)

Last thing he will be in. Notice nobody cares about this white dude except white incels?

Writers have been public with this, they refused to kill her off because she is an LGBT character. Maeves actress also wanted out so this is the best they could do I guess. She got quite the happy ending.

>Writers have been public with this, they refused to kill her off because she is an LGBT character
Tell me this isn't real

>annie had her first kiss at 18 to a boy who never talked to her again
>but apparently had sex with drummer boy around when he made his music video
so what? she just went from being so religious that kissing is too much to shagging all round her?

And then at what point did you decide that Queen Maeve's (Dominique McElligott) arc this season would be a lot more connected to the main storyline and that she would deliver that seemingly final blow to Soldier Boy?

When you map out these hero's journey things, you reach this organic part for Starlight when, for her to truly rise into the hero we need her to be, we need to take away her mentor-slash-protector. And sure enough, there are like three different scenes in season two where Starlight's in a lot of trouble, and then suddenly Maeve's there.

So, the conversation started to turn to, as much as we love the character and as much as we love Dom, we sort of needed to take this protection away from Starlight. We said, OK, well, if we're doing that, then it's time to play all the cards we wanted to play, which is a huge fight with Homelander that she might have won.

I mean, that's what I love about that fight. We imply that had it kept going, she might have won.

But to bring her down to this core moment of, "Do I continue on my goal of vengeance or do I save the people I love, specifically Starlight?" and that she makes that decision and actually is a hero finally and purely, I thought was a really beautiful moment.

And then we worked really carefully and hard about — from the beginning I said to the writers, "She's not dying. I am not going to be the showrunner who kills off an LGBT character, like, fuck that. So you better start getting your heads around 'How do we have her gracefully leave, but give her a happy ending?'"

t. Show Creator Eric Kripke

>shill thread

Jesus Christ. This perfectly encapsulates what I hate about this fucking culture. Why is it so important she lives? She isn't a real person. Just a character. What does not giving her the most heroic and meaningful death in the entire series do to LGBT rights? I honestly cannot wrap my mind around how these people think, it's fucking bizarre man

sports.yahoo.com/boys-showrunner-eric-kripke-breaks-160000545.html
>So, the conversation started to turn to, as much as we love the character and as much as we love Dom, we sort of needed to take this protection away from Starlight. We said, OK, well, if we're doing that, then it's time to play all the cards we wanted to play, which is a huge fight with Homelander that she might have won.
>I mean, that's what I love about that fight. We imply that had it kept going, she might have won.
BROS?

Attached: 1657304159605.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

If Hughie was a supe at the end he could've:
>teleported Ryan out, Homelander dies
>teleported Soldier Boy in front of Homelander, Homelander dies
>teleported the security guards so Kimiko wouldn't go all MANIAC MAAANIAC

Instead we got Starlight hovering in the air so she could give Soldier Boy a shove. Homelander is still alive and well. Ryan is now with Homelander, and they're both enjoying killing liberals.
Why the fuck did Hughie stop being onboard the Soldier Boy train anyway after he didn't have any access to temp V anymore? Suddenly he's in a car after getting punched and tells Starlight she was right about everything. Fuck this. Pussy show.

>t. chud

After having rewatched season 1, it is fucking insane how they treated Hughie in season 3. He is the exact same character, who behaves the exact same way, for the exact same reasons. He saves like 5 or 6 lives in Season 1 just because he thinks it's the right thing to do. Throws himself in danger nonstop because it's the right thing to do. He is a genuine hero. But when he does the same thing with superpowers he's deemed to be an evil toxic male? Why? It makes no sense at all.

>I'M A STRONG BLACK MAN AND YOU'RE A RACIST

Attached: WhypepoRacist.jpg (638x779, 130.74K)

youtube.com/watch?v=M1ahS9RjBiU

Hughie btfo

>Motherfucker

the fact that black noir really deluded himself into thinking he'd go into heaven is hilarious. he'd go straight to fucking hell

It has no sense. There is a supe in your country and you use it. It's a fucking war, you use whatever you have.
He didn't fight cause the writers want to make him more pathetic the easy way.
Literally bad writting.

>when homelander lasers your wife in half but you got to see his cool lasers up close

Attached: E9662A58-B1D8-4C78-BF75-BDE139C08089.jpg (1600x900, 138.66K)

I hope they explain the reason they call him MM is because every night, he has to go suck on his mom’s titties or the big black man would shrivel and die.