Was it ever funny? Even the older sketches I've seen are fucking lame

Was it ever funny? Even the older sketches I've seen are fucking lame.

Attached: channels4_profile.jpg (900x900, 42.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVhlJNJopOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bgcLfohtFbE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guess not then

In the original Coke-fueled era it had it’s moments. When they went to an alternative fuel source, it died in the parking lot. Not even AAA could save it. But we keep it around because it’s a “classic”.

I twas funny to me at one point. Some sketches still are (Norm's weekend updates about MJ or OJ).

The Gossling papyrus one makes me chuckle like a retard and that is even considered a modern-age SNL sketch.
youtube.com/watch?v=jVhlJNJopOQ

this one was, Quien Es Mas Macho?

Attached: 1630922081013.jpg (540x304, 21.85K)

Snl isn’t the funniest show but it’s been there when you needed it.

Mad TV was always superior

I think always was a mixed bag of good and bad sketches. They never found the formula for creating a show with a stable level of humour. They always were trying to try new ideas, and each writer had his own sense of what is funny. That´s why you find all type of sketches: scatological, high-brow, political, impersonations, game shows,etc.
All that said, I think the 90s were the best times of SNL because of the cast and the team of writers of that era.

It's a propaganda hour made for the retard normies to feel smart performed by improv comedy losers who are getting paid more than they could ever imagine doing shitty skits on youtube or 15 minute stand up sets in lame clubs run by a power hungry old boomer. It's a mess and should be avoided. I prefer to watch videos of people with downs syndrome doing retarded shit myself.

Attached: 1654918993632.webm (460x494, 2.73M)

Good assessment

Yes.
>Waynes World
>Toonces the driving cat
>Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy
>Weekend Update with Chevy, Dan Akroyd/Jane Curtin, Dennis Miller, Norm
>Matt Foley
>Hollywood Minute
>Eddie Murphy as Gumby or that crack den Mr. Rogers
>a great sketch where Tom Hanks keeps praising Joe Pesci, gets mad, and someone says "Tommy take it easy" and it morphs into the Goodfellas scene
Lots of gems, but none post-2005 or 06 (whenever Will Ferrell left). Now it's unwatchable

>Was it ever funny?
its always been more time specific comedy, the "you had to be there" shit, but current SNL is just not funny.
last time i found it funny, Tina Fey was still on it.

>but none post-2005 or 06 (whenever Will Ferrell left).
Lonely Island shorts were great

Is anything funny for le edgy 4channeler? maybe the latest mass shooting video?

I thought it was amazing back in the day, when guys like eddie murphy were on the cast, it's been going steadily downhill since then
after the mid 2010s I found it completely unwatchable mainly because even if they somehow manage to get a good joke they often literally wring the life out of the joke until it's not funny and it kills the whole skit

For me, it's 1987-2000.

SNL is just like Any Forums
it's impossible to believe, but once upon a time it was actually really funny

>The Gossling papyrus one makes me chuckle like a retard and that is even considered a modern-age SNL sketch
I hate snl but I still think about this skit and laugh in public over it

No. MADTV was always better.

youtube.com/watch?v=bgcLfohtFbE

Attached: turd.gif (200x407, 585.58K)

the funniest stuff at SNL was going on behind the scenes

Attached: sanz.png (1800x1200, 3.18M)