How did a literalwho director working in a third world country in the early 2000-s manage to create one of the finest...

How did a literalwho director working in a third world country in the early 2000-s manage to create one of the finest masterpieces of crime fiction in the history of cinema?

Attached: Memories-of-Murder-16.jpg (2560x1440, 2.65M)

>poor people are bad

While Hollywood is busy sniffing their own farts, the third worlders are crafting Kino.

South Korea I imagine is mostly homogenous racially so it can’t possibly be lesser world than the US

wrong kino, faggot.

Wrong movie, faggot

Attached: anime jihadi.jpg (915x1280, 141.4K)

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sexy ladyyyy

>South Korea
>third world
I hate the English

Gangnam Style!

It really is or at least was 20 years ago and earlier. I mean, did you not watch the movie?

Attached: 1655267204293.png (645x387, 473.47K)

the village in the film looks absolutely nothing like an actual thrid world village

How would you know? Are you from one such country?

Lemme guess, the US?

Attached: thinking.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

Bong is a hack and Song is an alcoholic asshole who abuses his co-stars.
For me, it's Park Chan-wook and Lee Byung-hun.

>English
Americans

it was set in the 80s though, south korea wasn't like that at the time of the film's creation

sure, but it was still borderline third-world, it had smaller gdp than slovenia or portugal

Attached: 2022-07-12 01_27_09-GDP per capita (current US$) - Korea, Rep., Slovenia, Portugal, United States _ .png (1011x1030, 81.46K)

hivemind

He's def a yank

Jokes on you, im russian

>Korean shit
No thanks

Your loss. It's a brilliant film.

Yeah, zoomers here wouldn't know this because their minds are poisoned by K-pop whores shaking their hips on stage for lonely men, but South Korea's economic success is a relatively recent phenomenon. Korean Gen X'ers still have a vivid memory of how insignificant their country used to be.

based