Most subversive and artistically impactful attempt to get normalfags into arthouse in decades being beaten by dudebro...

>most subversive and artistically impactful attempt to get normalfags into arthouse in decades being beaten by dudebro tom cruise armyshit
Things just get worse

Attached: 698C3364-46C8-4378-9EFB-B3DCE6C76465.jpg (828x1097, 242.65K)

last jedi was a subversive attempt at getting normies into arthouse? really mousey? is that the narrative we're going with for the laserdisc rerelease of rian johnsons epic classic the last jedi out on blurray and laserdisc now? catch the criminally underrated subversive arthouse adjacent masterpiece that is the last jedi? fuck off

goyslop

Do you realize is a trap to get people into the army, right?

>subversive listed as a positive
hmm

It literally was though. It was an art film with star wars slapped over it visually. Nothing artistic about top gun

>most subversive and artistically impactful attempt to get normalfags into arthouse in decades
HAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Star Wars
>art house
The absolute state of this board.

Attached: sponge man is tired.jpg (546x546, 42.62K)

Top gun had
>a satisfying, extremely economical and tight script
>set up characters, evolved their relationships, achieved emotional payoff in the last act
>balanced character drama with action to make the action scenes something you are invested in the outcome of
>set up the last act and weaved it into every scene leading up to it
>clear and distinct themes about old age, obsolescence and the wish fulfilling denial of entropy
>pioneered new ways of filming and new technology so all the effects could all be practical
>beautifully directed and photographed
>actually thrills you, makes you feel good when you leave the cinema
>fantastic soundtrack that hits the tone right without being distracting
That is a kind of art, to put all that together. Even if it’s a dumb crowd pleaser, making a dumb crowd pleaser this well is an art. Compare that to TLJ
>themes of the film contradict eachother and you leave not understanding what the point was or what you are meant to feel
>action scenes are just mindless CGI nonsense with zero investment because you don’t give a fuck about anyone in the film or anything that’s happening
>sets up a premise of a low speed chase only to instantly deflate any tension by contradicting it, last act just comes out of nowhere and means nothing, it’s just a visual change
>no emotional catharsis unless you already care about these characters because they were in better movies beforehand, and even then it’s disappointing and deflating rather than genuinely emotional. I care more about “rooster”, the son of some literally who from a movie I never saw than luke skywalker because he’s so badly written and unrecognisable as the same character
>none of the new characters could force me to care about them, none of their interactions with eachother or the old characters matter or licit emotion
>zero set up and payoff, zero structure, zero character development, it’s just scenes happening
>leave star wars movie depressed

scientology props up tom cruise because it's leader thinks he is "free" advertising for the cult.

>Star Wars 8
>artistically impactful arthouse
Not sure if joking or incredibly stupid.

When rian johnson does it
>UNCONVENTIONAL STRUCTURE SCARES MY BRAINLET MIND!

>UNCONVENTIONAL STRUCTURE
Literally a beat by beat retelling of Empire. Now go make some Agatha Christie shlock, Rian.

You mean “bad”. That’s why it’s not conventional.

>straights are beating the fags easily

Nature is healing

more like SHARThouse

It's been 5 years Rian. Let it go.

a deconstruction of empire and 80s propaganda more like
midwit cope

>The absolute state of this board.
It's either this or 100 amazon-related threads. Tranny mods literally sold the board to tranny shills, simple as.

God I love to see faggot pussy westoids that see themselves as artistic geniuses when they're little more than insecure gremlins raised by whore mothers get their shit pushed in by normal sincere kino

Attached: 98ncxxypq2391.jpg (828x1569, 101.97K)

“westoids” produce the only art that matters. show me chink rembrandt or nip dante

>most subversive and artistically impactful attempt to get normalfags into arthouse

this must be trolling

Stop gatekeeping

>goyslop
I love seeing people use this word because it signals that they're blood cursed inbreds who are eternally stuck on on the outside looking in lmao

>blood cursed inbreds
just say jew