Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yqu0R4g7DSg
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02h76px
youtu.be/QOfcAm0gWU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Tinker Tailor Soldier Suck My Ass

Fell asleep after like 30 mins, didn't try to rewatch

Miniseries was better

I watched it a second time a couple of years later. I actually knew what was going on this time and followed the plot (except for like 5 minutes near the end when that one VTOL plane lands). I ended up really loving it that second go around and read a few of the Le Carre Smiley books.

Now I wish I knew more movies like this. Any suggestions? The TV show is good, but not really very similar.

Captcha: W0RSHP

you might like The Good Shepherd, a similarly slow-paced spy film/ heavier on dialogue than action. i'd like some more recommendations on this theme myself

LA MER

Thanks for the rec. I went and googled and a lot of people suggest The Good Shepherd, too.
I see people suggesting The Spy Who Came in From the Cold. That might work? I remember the book eschewing action, except, arguably, at the end.
I saw people mention 3 days of the condor a few times, but that's not nearly as plotty/dialoguey or as stylized/good.
Anyone seen A Most Wanted Man? I think it has mediocre reviews, but it its in the ilk of the TTSS movie, I'd be willing to watch it

Very few movies evoke as strong an emotional response as pic related
youtube.com/watch?v=Yqu0R4g7DSg

Attached: tinker-tailer-soldier-spy_header_1920x768px.jpg (1920x768, 292.26K)

This

Smiley's People wasn't as good as TTSS but still very enjoyable

It's a great movie. Gary Oldman makes it fun to watch paint dry. Incredible cast too.

Watch Slow Horses.

For same aesthetic...
>The Game (BBC Mini-series)
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02h76px
>Au Service De La France aka "A Very Secret Service" (Netflix or Canal Plus in France probaby)
Which is a comedy but very amusing.
youtu.be/QOfcAm0gWU4

Attached: the game.jpg (624x351, 35.97K)

>The Russians have infiltrated our agency so deeply they used us a toy lure to gain access to American intelligence, the whole circus is compromised, minister will resign, Americans are pissed off, agents networks across the world are blown, but it's okay because we've learned who the traitor was and murdered him, wasting a precious exchage asset; time to play a song and remember the good times

WE STILL HAVE OUR PRIDE

A most wanted man is based on a story by the author of TTSP

"God is in his heaven all is right with the world" (Browning, not fucking Evangelion).
Smiley is the best person to root out Karla's networks.

Right I know Le Carre has a lot of adaptations, but, for example, The Night Manager is vastly different from TTSS, even if just because TNM has so much more action.
Is A Most Wanted Man good? I know it has poor ratings on IMDB/Letterboxd.

That's some intro. Thanks user.

All of that shit will happen anyways. The traitor had to be removed. Karla is too smart to totally fuck with and I would NOT say the song is happy. If anything it's evocative of bygone happier times.

I've had the TV show recced to me before actually! But never along these lines and just that it's "funny". Thank you for the recommendations!

I dislike this movie but I did like that movie about the traitor spy that Ryan Phillipe was trying to expose. Breach I think.

Very kino ending