What went right?

What went right?

Attached: robocop2014.jpg (2048x984, 202.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BcdeHcM3oAI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the warehouse scene was actually cool

Nothing

Attached: Murphy.gif (640x360, 2.91M)

The scene where he is revealed to himself is interesting

Absolutely fucking nothing.
It’s a hamstrung attempt that by all rights had the potential for something solid. But for whatever reason, the studio saw fit to sabotage things from the outset and the result was a homogenous dross starring a scrap of scando driftwood.

not much.
my favorite was the black guy officer lewis. observing the dynamics of the kosher quota systems always make me laugh.

I remember more of Robocop 3 than the remake

black armor looked like rubber

Woah calm down. You're like a maiden on her period.

he wasnt wrong though

Go fuck yourself, you simpering loser

stfu. let him speak his mind

The new suit. The black prototype look. Some of the action. Jackie Earle Haley.

Nope the warehouse scene was epic
and so is the black suit, makes him look cool
he should have had ninja powers too
youtube.com/watch?v=BcdeHcM3oAI

Attached: 1646767490164.jpg (1536x2048, 418.7K)

I sorta like it but I remember the shit 3rd act.

The originals weren't even that good
Except the villain I remember him

Also Sam Jackson is cool but the it's missing the charm of the borderline satire news segments of the '87.

The scene where they show what's left of his body was cool. The premise that the computer inside his head could make him do things without him realizing it was cool and probably 100% accurate to what such a thing in your brain could do, and the way the lawmakers responded to having a robot doing policework via the workaround of having it control a human like a puppet was the same.

Very little else was interesting. The plot was boring to the point where you don't give a fuck at all. The villain was only there because the movie needed a villain, they made no effort to do anything with him at all; original villains all had entertaining personalities and were well-acted, all the original movie cast did, in the remake everyone's so mellow you barely believe THEY care about what's going on. Even Jackston's overacting seems phoned in. The family plot in the original took up like one scene, here it was a central focus point and you still cared less about it than in the original. Just from "can you do that, dad?" the son had more personality than the entire plot in the remake combined.

Honestly, it's hard to find anything good to say about it except that "it wasn't terrible". But it wasn't good. It was just... meh.

The first was actually a great movie

It's baffling they didn't go with this design the entire film. You need the contrast of grey and black to sell the design. Otherwise he just looks like batman or iron man.

Attached: robocop-2014[1].jpg (1024x1517, 210.08K)

The movie is one of the most Canadian looking films ever. The entire thing is shot in Toronto, featuring locations I've walked past every day. I can't take "Detroit" seriously when it's obviously Toronto. They even show off street car rail lines and Detroit doesn't have any street cars!

The scene where Robo is revealed to the crowd and finds the criminal in the crowd is the UoG Engineering building.

Attached: Spring2021VirtualBG[1].jpg (2000x1125, 2.08M)

Not much. Worse part is that they even fucked up his suit. Silver grey armor is much better.

I never watched the whole movie just seen clips from it, from what ive seen its like with the remake of total recall all that effort cant recapture what the originals had.
There wasnt any scene that was emotional in it like the parking garage scene in the original, just high polish soulless modern movie making.
I cant stand samuel l. jackson.

First is great, second is still solid enough. Third is crap.

okay but it would have way cooler if he had ninja powers and fought cyborg ninjas and also techno guns and swords like Gantz

>I cant stand samuel l. jackson.

The original had actual satire, since it was mocking current events or tv news. It's not satire to mock Fox News, since it's just pure propaganda. You either like it or don't. There's nothing deep in criticizing it. Satire is only smart or interesting if it makes you think about something in a new way. Sammy L Jackson saying motherfucker as a parody of O'Reilly is not interesting.

>epic
You are an easily pleased rodent

>second is still solid enough.

People's nostalgia and the third film being so lame mean people give 2 too much of a pass. It's clearly a mess of a script, combining several drafts into one. That's why some storylines like Murphy's wife arise and then are dispelled immediately. It rehashes plot elements but doesn't give enough focus to them. It goes too far into goofy with kid and women gangsters. It's oddly even more ultra-violent and silly at the same time, which doesn't work.

It's not without merit, as it has some nice stop motion work, and a nice ending climatic fight.

project much?

That scene is so lifeless they couldn’t even give the man a line resembling something human. He just mumbles “Jesus Christ” over and over. You could practically hear the censor board tapping their feet to it. On top of it,

it’s shot like he’s living in an Apple store. No dramatic lighting, no hint of the body horror in the camera angles. Just flat staging straight out of a comedy.

This movie is absolutely toothless even when it is “trying.”

how the fuck does that arm look like a cheap halloween costume

No, actually. You don’t seem to even understand what that word means in this context, you idiot.