The most impressive ancient norwegian building is a church

the most impressive ancient norwegian building is a church

Attached: image_2022-09-15_153121405.png (1600x918, 2.28M)

Attached: Varg smile.jpg (300x225, 11.8K)

kino

looks like a minecraft building

Those churches used to be a lot less impressive before the national romantic movement in the 1800s.

prove it

Shut up idiot dummy dumb dumb
Shitty shit shit dumb shit shit

it does THOUGH

cope

I thought so

REALLLL!!!!!

Fakeeeee!!!!@

Thought it was from the thumbnail desu

looks chinese

You were good Ragnar real good
But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best

Attached: GettyImages-90827522-c59aea8779fc40288754e12439de88ef.jpg (2211x1356, 388K)

stave churches are 500 years older than the church in your pic. they also have dragon heads and are surrounded by mountains. you get mogged ivan

Attached: Norway_3326.jpg (1500x1001, 521.13K)

i hope it get burned

Attached: suomalaiset kirkot.jpg (2052x3385, 2.36M)

The Swedes can't keep getting away with this!

They looked like this before they added all the bells and whistles.

Attached: Gol stavkirke.jpg (564x800, 57.21K)

Norway is the cradle of Nordic civilization, culture and history

Attached: heddal.png (1462x964, 2M)

I think the cradle is Sweden and Denmark and that it was recorded and preserved by Iceland. I will say that Norway has done a good job of preserving and encouraging it since the 1800s though. I suppose it was because it was then that you gained your national identity and really went all in on it. And also, Norway is obviously the most beautiful and thus the most befitting of romantic depictions. Well done.

Nice

lets see the inside

yeah well they burnt down everything else

Attached: Valhalla_by_August_Malmström_1880.jpg (3029x2160, 2.24M)

Why is everything made of wood

because they dont live in island without wood

It’s not the best material to build from just the easiest to gather. Are Scandinavians lazy?

Norway is the cradle because civilization came and originated first from Norway. The black plague just decimated our society and all our records

Russian churches always looked like Disney Aladdin style mosques to me

varg&co burnt all wooden churches down, so they could buy a russian lada niva and get a brown gf

Wood is a better insulator than stone, Nigel

Christianity is unironically the best thing that ever happened to Scandinavia aside from maybe oil and NATO

you dont know shit about wood as building material, log houses last centuries. Thousand years when done right.

sauce?
what i read is the oposite, when they finally buildt a new church in mid 1800 they removed all bells and whistles and returned it to its original state. even scraped the "modern" paint off the interior.