Chinese be like

chinese be like
>hello my name is nigel and i hate white people so much

Attached: 1200px-Nigel_Ng,_2020-11-14_A_(crop).jpg (1200x878, 156.84K)

But he's Malaysian.

They all have boomer sounding names like Gordon, Francis, Albert, Gideon, etc.

Literally me

why do they do this

I guess he's fair though, he keeps making fun of white people but then his whole schtick is based on pretending to have a funny Asian accent. But I'm trying to picture some big name youtuber making food videos and constantly going like "and this is some nice brie cheese, but it's not for those lactose intolerant browns"

Seriously, why do they do this? Not to mention they're always taken aback when I ask for their real name.

Jerome is the funiest to me

They want their kids to integrate and blend in, so they give them local names

You sure you don’t want them to assimilate?

Because many Asians have very outdated stereotypes about the Europe so they have outdated names. Just look at Paris syndrome. I have no idea why they feel the need to have a second western name.

They're probably tired of westerners butchering their Chinese names whenever they try to pronounce them.

most people adopt a easier to pronounce name or nickname in foreign countries
they just know you will never be able to say it because youre lacking certain phonetics and sounds that you learn as a child and will have difficulties saying

It's not about that. Most Chinese pick a new western name for themselves that they mostly use when interacting with foreigners and sometimes in corporate life. It's weird. They do this even if they never plan to leave the country.

Changing your name to something more local is actually not that uncommon in the past for other groups. The Trumps for example used to be Drumpfs, and they changed their names to blend in better like many other Jewish families.

They also ask Chinese-speaking foreigners what their Chinese name is. Sometimes they're visibly disapointed if it's just a phonetic equivalent of your western name (for example, david = da wei)and not something a Chinese person would have.

Assimilation or not, it still reeks of cuckoldry. And it's not like they can pronounce certain Western names either, but we don't fuss about it.

The Chinese have a thing about names (and clans). The polite way of asking someone's name is 您贵姓 which translates into "what is your precious surname".

>mister tshi...uhm...chai? ksi? kai? shi?
>repeat 5 times a day with pasty cumskins
flustered because foreigners know to handle retarded ypipo?

>He doesn't know how to pronounce names in a language he doesn't speak and rarely hears
>He must be retarded
Ok Zhang.

>whats your name?
>xi
>xi you said,huh, sorry dont have it here on my list
>no...:xi!
>oh, xi! i didnt hear you the first time...oops sorry no still not on my list, maybe youre booked under another name?
>X-I
>why havent you said so earlier? ah of course xi...very well sir you may enter

>what's your real name?
>what's your chinese name?

Attached: 1581948134508.png (499x614, 419.37K)