They think they are british?

they think they are british?

Attached: 2560px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png (2560x1280, 5.99K)

Nah, they think we're Irish

What's the difference between lrish and british?

No, they are British but pretend not to be

nothing anymore

>they are British but pretend not to be

why?

Main difference is the Irish are Catholic and the Brits are Protestant. Everything else is far more similar than either of us like to admit.

They are not British, they are not anglos or Normans or Germanic, they are Celts

Our cultures are almost identical, like %80/90 similarity, but past British leaders were puritans and hated the Irish for being catholic

Wales are celts but are still British

Brits are as much celts as the Irish are. More even, as Welsh is more spoken than Irish.

How is the relationship between Ireland and Britain?

Attached: 54870e2641a926ca41e59dda1e4b4b8047acedb74701005d23a84b568b42f8b9.jpg (1200x630, 130.85K)

Most English people don't mind Irish people, or usually like them. Irish people tend not to like English people because of past oppression

>Irish people tend not to like English people because of past oppression
that is not true its just banter. most people like english people because they might have relatives that went to england and our cultures are mostly the same now and irish people watch english television programmes.

Think South Korea and Japan except more grumbling and less screeching.

But every now and then you meet some dumb cunt wewuzzer who is convinced England ruined his life because of what they did to his ancestors. I have known nice and rational people who were like this.

Kek, is this actually true, they must be as annoying as the we wuz Irish guys in the usa

Imagine two best friends. Both of which outdo each other in different regards, but one overly outachieves the other due to being more naturally gifted. However, the other doesn’t accept this and explains away these advantages all the time. But all the while, under the surface, all the teasing is in truth a display of affection.

That’s sorta how I think of Ireland and Britain’s relationship. There isn’t two countries closer in all of Europe, not just geographically, but culturally and sentimentally. Despite our rocky history, the Irish and the British are cousins, we have a deep bond that will never be severed no matter what the most devout of Shinners say. When us Irish go abroad i.e. to Europe or elsewhere, we always look to the British as nearly being our own. We mostly have the same challenges in foreign environments, and we also have the same terrible responses to such situations lol.

Ireland and Britain are friends, the best of as well. For all some of the British conservatives talk about a supposed “special relationship” with the USA, the only country in the world Britain truly has a special relationship with is Ireland and vice versa. Both countries histories are inseparable, and their futures will be intricately linked. It’s easier for people in Britain to ignore our connections, but they will feel them whether they know it or not. Ireland is the only country in the EU that buys more from the UK than we sell. We buy 6bn more from Britain than they buy from us. Since we’ve been in the EU, although we’ve had differences, we’ve mostly been allies on European policies.

This, but most of it is banter
Northern Ireland is a weird one though

Yes. I knew a guy who was younger than me, about 23 y/o, who told me England genocided the Irish and cut down all the Irish forests.

>all the teasing is in truth a display of affection.
I only ever see Brits hate Ireland with a passion here tb h

The Irish drink Guinness while the British drink Moreland. This is non-negociable.

It would be cool to have a Gaelic-speaker Ireland