What was the fucking point of this scene exactly?

what was the fucking point of this scene exactly?

Attached: file.png (721x481, 324.25K)

Tarantino is a coward who mocks the dead because they can't talk back.

Set-up for the climax

To generate decades of Asian and TCMfag seethe. Its working

What is the point of this scene?

Attached: 6C5AC3EF-8B26-4C6A-AD1B-DFAA274E5D72.jpg (564x461, 202.28K)

literally just wanted to shit on the people who think Bruce Lee is some insane martial artist when he was just an actor. Anybody who knew an actual combat sport back in the day like wrestling or boxing would turn Bruce into paste. But he has a legion of fanboys that think he is some untouchable super strong mystic martial artist god. That's why the scene needed to be made.

Why does everything have to have a "point?" It's a funny scene that subverts your expectations. Foreshadows the final scene when all the hippies get massacred instead of killing Sharon

to set up Cliff being a bad ass, and can fight?

/thread

Why does that need a set up? Also Cliff beats up the hippie guy effortlessly which already establishes his character well. The Bruce Lee scene was unnecessary.

It's alright, In fact it's good for a film with comedic/quirky aspects to have few scenes that don't move the plot and live within their own bubble

See Pacino's character even explain it before that scene. It's about perception and pushing Tarantino's OC-do-not-steal. In a deeper level, Tarantino was going through a middle-aged crisis because his wife was pregnant and he never planned to become a father. Also his father figure Harvey Weinstein left Hollywood while his real father abandoned him when he was a child to look for a Hollywood career but he only got jobs as stunt double, often in cowboy TV shows. Basically Tarantino was fantasizing with his dad beating Bruce Lee

He wouldn’t be able to say shit even if he was alive. Chinksects are the most beta bitch made race on this planet.

Has Any Forums ever been in a fight? School fight, street fight, bar fight, fight with a family, etc. What was the story behind it, and how did the fight go?

Attached: white_boy_challenges_chinese_man_to_fight_then_runs_away_saying_'am_i_a_beta_cuck_perhaps'[sound=files.catbox.moe%2Fsupywu.mp3].webm (640x360, 3M)

I got in tons of fights in school between the ages of 8-14 or so in Bongland. Never lost any. I wasn't a big lad but they'd generally end once I'd thrown a couple of punches, they were never particularly vicious fights.

>to set up Cliff being a bad ass
Any Forums:
> haha bruce lee was a poser!
also Any Forums
>being able to beat up bruce lee shows how much of a badass cliff is
which is it?

>friend was getting bullied
>walked home, insulted bully with a futurama joke
>get in fight while friend just stands there
>he's some street kid
>got laid out

>why does it need to be set up...
so its funnier when you see a 110lb girl, or a hippie try to bully Cliff. You know that shit will backfire, and the movie pays off, and hits that note flawlessly.

To make Tarantino's Mary Sue look strong.

>Futurama joke

Tell me about it.

>You know that shit will backfire
That's pretty obvious anyway though, Cliff's a big guy and he walks and talks with confidence. And frankly it would have been funnier if we were unsure how much danger Cliff was in at first only to see how hopelessly outmatched the hippies are. That's actually an opportunity they missed out on.

I'd like to think that Bruce would've found it funny like everyone else did

when the crew walks in on mom and farnsworth and they says it looks like two elephants humping. I said that's what his parents were like.