Is neomedievalism popular in your country?

Is neomedievalism popular in your country?

Attached: 1663223997117732.jpg (1600x900, 1.07M)

i think were on neo neo neo medievalism at this point

Middle ages were grim, obscurant and barbaric (and also cucked).
Antiquity and Modern age are much more pleasant and beautiful eras.

not true
op is making fun of people like you
antiquity is where civilization peaked tho

The struggle through the middle ages is what brought them to later better eras. Learn some respect

I dont get it, saying that something objectively better is better means being a soyjack?
It's like saying french cheese is better than italian cheese only for the sake of being a contrarian.

The medieval era was full of peoples striving and living for something.

>It's like saying french cheese is better than italian cheese only for the sake of being a contrarian
??? that's not a controversial opinion, it's pretty much the consensus

I don't get this image at all

See? Maybe in your little french swiss canton, Francois. Stop being a contrarian.

Middle Ages from the 12th century onwards: empiricism in science and philosophy, early humanism, substance over form, art that reflects closeness with God and spirituality through simplicity and truthfulness, successful beginnings in astronomy and mathematics with Roger Bacon and Nicole Oresme
Renaissance (15th-early 16th centuries): neglection of empiricism in favour of worshipping the ancients, humanism as a """"new"""" idea, form over substance, pompous religious art completely foreign to spirituality (The Transfiguration), essentially no notable authors between Chaucer and Erasmus, as well as no notable polymaths between Oresme and Copernicus

French cheesemaking is superior to Italian, and Italian is superior to Spanish. Some people cope with these facts but it's true. And I fucking love Italian cheese.

Attached: 121160681_3276875515766629_5090444491663574000_n.jpg (1400x1096, 205.58K)

Renaissance writers took to writing epics about ancient topics which, ironically, were worse than their 12th century counterparts. Petrarch's Africa is treated with scorn while Walter of Châtillon's Alexandreis is highly regarded, as are the romances of Troy and Thebes.
The most propped up "polymath" of the Renaissance, Da Vinci, had actually nothing to say of importance on most subjects. E. T. Bell's The Development of Mathematics, 1940, says that "Leonardo's published jottings on mathematics are trivial, even puerile, and show no mathematical talent whatever."

Italian cheese export value is just below France's. Count this with the facts France is twice the size of Italy and their poopy cheese is 3× overpriced than italian cheese. Amd this is not counting all the fake name branding and replicas of italian cheese around the world.
Internationally Mozzarella alone mogs all the rotten french cheese put together.

Sounds like you're being a bit contrarian here

I loved Name of the Rose

Based, thanks for explaining with the effortpost.

You're welcome friend, love India btw

Attached: Raja_Ravi_Varma_-_Sankaracharya.jpg (1451x2048, 1.25M)

What are some cool scientific developments from Middle Age Europe?

The carrack
Crop rotation
Iron plows
Perspective

Oresme proved the mean speed theorem in the 14th century, two centuries before Galileo popularised it. In maths, he developed the first proof of the divergence of the harmonic series, and he was also the first European author to write a treatise competely devoted to an economic subject, and which, some argue, is the foundation of monetary science. Roger Bacon wrote the first European description for gunpowder and an influential chapter on optics in his Opus Majus.