I unironically think that Soviet city planning is quite ok

The micro-district layout looks much more organic than suburbia or European cities with narrow streets.

Attached: view.jpg (1600x1200, 346.06K)

Also, this dispute between Europeans and Americans about walkable cities always seemed strange to me. In post-Soviet cities, it is equally convenient to walk or drive a car.

Attached: top.png (1329x633, 1.75M)

Did commies really give out houses for free? I wouldnt mind living in one of those commieblocks if it was free desu

it was, pic related, city build from the ground up after the war, according to social-communist urban planning rules

Attached: EWh07o1WoAA9OTr.jpg (2048x1535, 577.59K)

I totally agree. Also death to Putin

I agree. Maybe not the most beautiful looking, but it was placed pretty well and everyone basically was able to have a home cheaply

My east German grandma claims housing was free for everyone, but she might also just be a confused old woman

Micro-districts suck because they cause unnatural density gradients in a city (when outskirts are denser than the centre). They barely have any jobs, and the absolute majority of people commute, causing traffic problems.

Comfy. What city is this?
Based.

Basically it was like social housing and you had to wait in a queue. Getting married would be the main thing to jump in the queue, which is why people would marry really early. But housing was a huge problem in general, it wasn't uncommon for grandparents, children and grandchildren to live in a single flat of two-three rooms.
And in the 90s those flats got privatised en masse.

>much more organic than suburbia or European cities with narrow streets
its literally the definition of master planned.
everything down to the toilet the pole cleans, and you shit on.

even our master planned communities look more natural. Especially from the street.

Attached: Shady_Canyon__Irvine__CA.jpg (1200x800, 308.57K)

A Camel Is A Horse Designed By A Soviet

Attached: Zona.png (560x272, 393.07K)

soviet tampere

Attached: Hervanta aerial pic.jpg (3096x1836, 2.72M)

for communist countries housing was effectively free, since most of them are distributed, east germany prob had better housing condition when compared to a country like laos since its industrial capabilities. It's not like you can put your house on the open market anyways in a communist country. China had free housing till late 90s, and now they have one of the most fked up real estate market in the world.

Too much greenery in the town itself to be soviet. Only bricks, concrete and dirt are allowed in our towns and cities

If I could I would never move from where I live, I unironically love my neighborhood. 3 bus stops near me, a tram line, a school just outside my house, a dog park, plenty of green areas, a church, 3 stores, a commie mini shopping mall, a little forest where teenagers can drink cheap wine in without being bothered by the cops. Even little hills for kids to ride sleds on during the winter.

i thought soviet towns were generally pretty green with parks

>Only bricks, concrete and dirt are allowed in Soviet towns and cities
russian*
Our cities are pretty green.

the good life of you eastern europeans.
i suffer in Italy

Commie blocks are like one of the most negatively seen things related to communism and yet they are one of the best things the Soviet Union did.
Well planned, mass produced housing for a population that either had their homes destroyed in the war or still lived on hovels without plumbing.
They are a bit of an eyesore due to the massive demand for housing leading to very efficient buildings without frills and a lot of them have decayed due to a lack of later maintenance and renovation but still.

I disagree. it looks disgusting. we will help our ukrainian brothers to get rid of it. decommunization is real and is happening right now. no more soviet apartments. no more tears and pain

Attached: 16632365536720.png (446x272, 23.41K)

russhit