Why do Americans have farms in the desert?

Why do Americans have farms in the desert?

Attached: 0Ji6jzi469DoAlknpU1phJRpSCt6aKcYb0GiABVROQ8.jpg (873x873, 145.96K)

For the lulz

Cheap space plus to reduce costs of food in nearby cities in the desert

The real question is why don't WE have farms in the desert.

because they have to eat

I flew from SF to LA and then LA to Phoenix and I saw so many of these farmlands in middle of the fucking desert from the plane. Then I understood why there's a drought. Gov won't do shit because le farmers sons of the soil meme. Just like India. We should kill all farmers who are filthy rich.

ironically enough a ton of those are arab owned farms growing hay for camels. The states are dumb as fuck for not taxing their water usage in a drought

Bros, I really love the desert. I could just get lost wondering about the sublime emptiness of it all. Ever since I visited Utah when I was 12 I’ve been in love with the desert.

good idea mao

Nigga who is gonna feed people who live in those areas. You can just get all food from coastal California and other States

not dead farmers : )

bc picrel looks awesome

thats tiny compared to oil barons

>have no water
>have to draw water from other states because you have no water
>water use is so inefficient that your neighbour's water is running out
>now multiple states are running out of water

It's 5D chess.

Attached: 29TB-SALTLAKES3-jumbo.jpg (1024x683, 235.09K)

we also have water issues, kazakhstan keeps asking for our water that we use for electricity in summer time, then we have to ask for electricity in winter in return, they burn coal for electricity > global warming > less water

Kek half of these fucking desert farms are growing luxury crops like Almonds and animal feed. Average normie wouldn't notice too much of a difference if they disappeared.

See

Oh hey it's my state. Our governor found a solution to the issue so the crisis is canceled

Attached: Suckcox.jpg (1080x1892, 272.03K)

There's a bunch of fruits and vegetables that are typically seasonal but by growing them in the desert we're able to eat them year round with zero thought.

don't look at saudi's satellite map

Global warming is not real.