How much controversy would this have sparked?

Attached: Header.jpg (1002x1003, 190.39K)

It would have been really boring, really. Satan is not a showman and even then, it works better if it were a woman. Also, they would have to introduce God so it all turns into a mess really quickly.

Satan isn't even in the Bible, he's a church made up concept.

Idk pos his daughter

He basically already did, pagan "gods" are all fallen angels.

Bale literally played Jesus though
>wants to destroy Polytheism
>is the bad guy of the movie

Calm down now, Kike

>Satan isn't even the Bible
dumbass

Satan's been in movies forever.

Attached: faust 1926.jpg (646x503, 31.21K)

You? Obviously.

Lucifer, Satan, and the Devil were not all the same people even in the Bible, not to mention what happens when you import names from other religions.

The idea of the Devil is present in both Christianity and Islam.

>In Judaism, it’s a little different. The use of “satan” in the Old Testament was not intended to be a proper name that referred to the same person every time. Instead it simply meant “the adversary” and that was a title that could be used for a different entity in each story. It’s like saying “the king”. Depending on what country and what time period you use that title in reference to, it could be a different person each time you say it.

>Lucifer is another one that is poorly understood. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Lucifer is the devil. In fact, I think only the KJV uses it as a name. Other translations may use it in lowercase as a title rather than a name. Most translations just translate the word (something along the lines of lightbringer, morning star, shining one, etc). Even in the KJV where Lucifer is used as a name, that name only appears once, and that is in Isaiah. In Isaiah, that passage makes it very clear that Lucifer is not the devil, a demon, an angel, but rather a man. It calls him the king of Babylon and goes on to specifically refer to him as a man.

cont

>It wasn’t until Christianity came along that there started to be a concept of Satan as The Adversary rather than an adversary. Then every instance of Satan suddenly meant this demonic figure. Since the devil’s fall from heaven as described in the Bible sounded similar to the story of Lucifer, the obvious inconsistencies were ignored and Lucifer came to be regarded as Satan as well. Hollywood, churches, and media in general have helped cement that image.

>As Christianity spread, any figure in another religion that was deemed similar to Satan just became another name for Satan. Thus we ended up with a plethora of names for the same entity.

Abrahamists should really fucking read their own "holy" books at least once. I'd be more worried about worshipping YHWH, a space sociopath than fear some imaginary church made-up figure.

Attached: 1657462925062.png (1062x804, 1.02M)

>Satan is not a showman

Satan is a musician

not much, America worships Satan

Mephisto is not a fat fuck

If he's a musician he is Robert Fripp, but i don't see Crowe pulling that off.

There was a quick line in the movie somewhere about Natalie being from Earth and "You know who" not helping her, or something like that.

I don't even bible, but he tries to tempt Jesus. In the desert, I think.

>controversy
Because the Marvel devil should be Mephisto, not Satan?

>if I deliberately misinterpret things, they story could be anything I want
k

>>if I deliberately misinterpret things, they story could be anything I want
Welcome to organized religion, you can take a seat anywhere you like.

So exactly like church and believers?

>God does something vile and fucked up(which is 90% of things he does)
N-NOO, GOD DIDN'T MEAN IT LITERALLY
>God does something good for once
WHOA, GOD MEANT IT LITERALLY.

Do you see how fucking retarded Abrahamists truly are? Be it a kike, mudslime or a christcuck. You are all retarded.

The modern concept of Satan/Shaitan has been conflated with The Adversary/Lucifer, the Sumerian snake god Nirah, and the Zoroastrian Ahriman to make the modern evil Devil. Which is 100% mental cope for people to weak to realize their failures are intrinsic and not due to some tempestuous evil spirit.
>I can stop these feelings of guilt if I just blame it on the Devil ask God to forgive me instead of rationalizing I'm a piece of shit that needs to actually do better by the people around me and for myself
Stoicism, specifically Finnish Sisu is the true philosophical paragon of human behavior. Religion and cults are for weak faggots.