Americans are obsessed with cars

>americans are obsessed with cars
>americans cant drive manual

Attached: 1641963018014.jpg (1447x1437, 291.77K)

i thought automatic driving cars are not a thing yet

It's really satisfying just holding down the pedal until you feel the gears change and you start flying off of the on ramp.

I can't imagine how manualfags could possibly compete.

they literally don't even offer the cars i want in manual so it's fucking over, i don't even care anymore

Imagine having two brake pedals

Attached: pedals.jpg (800x576, 104.26K)

If you really loved cars you would drive the car, not have it basically drive itself

I can drive a manual because my dad made me learn to drive a tractor so he didn't have to.
Don't assuming everyone here is a California urbanite fag

you'll never know the satisfying thunk of a good gearbox 4 times per on-ramp then 4 on the off-ramp, and a clutch is better for controlling parking lot speeds than the brake.

shifting gears everytime you come to an intersection is a shit design
also your car will fucking stall if you input the wrong gear when drunk driving
automatic chads reinvented the car

Attached: 1639916742383.png (1210x1000, 228.86K)

A manual car is athe difference between a real car, and bumper cars, karts and toy cars on batteries for little kids.

Also. i drive on higher gears while urban driving, thus saving fuel, and money.
I doubt your automatic car goes higher than 3rd in urban driving. Enjoy wasting more money on fuel.

Yuros only drive manuel because its all they can afford kekek

Automatic cars are for women

We have even bigger problems coming. More and more prople are obsessed eith SUVs and crossovers, and manufacturers are catering to them. We might get to a point almost no sedans or 2-seater sport cars are sold anymore.

nonsense, I'm pretty sure the auto dojj challenger does not even let you shift into fourth unless your foot is to the floor. it fucking jumps from 3rd to 5th to pass emissions or some shit

carfags don't get that some people aren't interested in shifting gears and shit
they are used just for transportation

I bet you have gay sex

i could crush your brazilian family with my automatic '09 civic
i KNOW your ride a fucking motorbike

No point in driving it yourself them
Just hire a driver

Nice projection kekek

It's cheaper to build, cheaper to buy and maintenance free (the gearbox itself)
A clutch job is cheaper and far easier than a transmission rebuild
It is more fuel efficient since fully engaged clutch does not introduce any transmissive losses unlike a fluid coupling
It is mor efuel efficient because a parallel shaft gearset is more mechanically efficient than a planetary gearset
It weighs less
It can be disengaged allowing the vehicle to be rolled or safely towed for an extended distance without physically disconnecting the driveshaft
It has higher load rating
it doesn't overheat under load
It works without any electronic or electric control device
It makes efficient engine braking possible

All of the above are objective facts why a manual transmission is better (muh feefees are irrelevant in the discussion)

People who disagree with any of the above are certfied busriders

Attached: FHHnlCLWQAcObRV.png (586x711, 623.76K)

if you really loved cars you would hand-crank the fuelpump, manually meter air/fuel mixture and operate switches to trigger spark, not have it basically drive itself

Automatics have been as perfectly efficient or more than a manual shifter can for decades. You can't compete with continuously variable transmissions.

Those are all coping mechanisms for yuropoors

If I could get an actual self driving car, I would.

efficiency and cost are good compromises for the convenience of automatic

this is a subjective take, mr. ridesthebus

This, plus im never touching an automatic transmission, that shit is clockwork german engineering autism impossible to mantain.
Also automatics are "dumb" and have to be wrestled into the correct gear sometimes which annoys me