Sitcoms are Bad Now

What the hell happened to the American sitcom? From 2009 to 2013, the NBC Thursday night lineup was:

>The Office
>30 Rock
>Community
>Parks and Recreation

Four all-time greats, all on the same night. This year, their only returning comedy is Young Rock.

Why are sitcoms bad now? Did streaming kill the format without offering something equivalent in return? Do zoomers not like sitcoms? Was there some shakeup at NBC that killed their comedy lineup, with no other network ready to fill the void? Are there secretly a ton of great sitcoms hidden away on some streaming service I'm not watching?

Here are my favorite sitcoms for you to shit on while we hash this out:

>Seinfeld (1989-1998)
>Friends (1994-2004)
>Arrested Development (2003-2006, 2013, 2018-2019)
>The Office (2005-2013)
>It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2005-present)
>30 Rock (2006-2013)
>Parks and Recreation (2009-2015)
>Community (2009-2015)
>Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013-2021)
>The Good Place (2016-2020)

Attached: NBC Thursday 2009.jpg (612x380, 177.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SOIOwmynPTU&t=42s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

3/4 of those shows were never good, and The Office had jumped the shark by 2009(marriage episode)

diversity and you can't make fun of any minority or races so it's just all clean and boring

I miss fraiser

were you two close?

I miss Black Fraiser

youtube.com/watch?v=SOIOwmynPTU&t=42s

What are the best streaming sitcoms? I liked Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt well enough, but I don't know if I can even come up with a second decent one.

Woke nigger jew bullshit has ruined almost all media.

nigger

What are you supposed to make a sitcom about now? Dumb clueless dad who can't do anything right with the wife fixing all his messes and being superwoman for the 7000th time?

>>Arrested Development (2003-2006, 2013, 2018-2019)
Why do they have to resurrect shit? I hate it

Attached: 1641619329382.gif (320x240, 55.88K)

A bunch of them are dead now so hopefully they'll finally stop.

>>The Office
Shit
Rock
Good
>>Community
Shit
>>Parks and Recreation
Neoliberal propaganda (shit)

>open thread
>it's full of Any Forumscels coming up posts so lazy they may as well have been written by bots
i miss the old Any Forums, sure it was garbage then too but at least it was original garbage

It's all about precious niggers and fags now. We gotta worship them so their feelings aren't hurt, chud.

Sitcoms are not relatable to zoomers

Jerry get ipad

Zoomers fucking love old NBC shows, though. Zoomers are probably more into The Office than the contemporaneous audience was.

>Why are sitcoms bad now? Did streaming kill the format without offering something equivalent in return? Do zoomers not like sitcoms? Was there some shakeup at NBC that killed their comedy lineup, with no other network ready to fill the void? Are there secretly a ton of great sitcoms hidden away on some streaming service I'm not watching?
None of the above. Internet, primarily youtubers, have filled that slot in younger audiences. No need to pay for tv stations (you're a fucking idiot at this point if you do) or pay for streaming services for comedy. Comedy isn't like other genres because the more money you throw at it, the worse it will inevitably be. The more money you throw at something, the more it is expected to make and thus only the lowest common denominator can be appealed to. Dramas and action can make it on big budgets with A-list stars because they are inherently lowest common denominator forms of expression.

You have a sense of humor. You don't have a sense of drama or a sense of action. Comedy has niches. A fight scene is a fight scene regardless of context. An affair is an affair and a murder is a murder. Steamy sex is steamy sex. No need to specialize, no need to excel at anything specific, no need to worry about alienating anybody. No matter the specifics, tragedy, action, and drama hit the same every time.

You don't laugh at those things, so they're held in higher regard than comedy but in all actuality they're lazier and more generic. But comedy might reach certain people and alienate others. You have to pick something and stick to it. You need to accept that it won't appeal to everyone. You have to provide something that everything else doesn't. Big studios simply can't just not try to cast the broadest net possible. Internet comedians don't need to. They win.

>TL;DR: Sitcoms and tv comedy in general died because humor is more personal than romance, suspense, drama, action, mystery, etc. etc.

Attached: Jessica-Bartlett-Big-Ass-Tits-23-_[1].jpg (1281x1920, 171.3K)

Could they have gone any harder on the smoothing tool on that chick's ass? I don't think there's even any definition left

By a bunch you mean one actress? Are you retarded?