What happened to Lebanon, why did the quality of life decrease so much in the past few years...

What happened to Lebanon, why did the quality of life decrease so much in the past few years, their hdi is now lower than South Africa, Jamaica and Gabon.

Attached: 2C953BCC-257C-424B-A658-99D334DB07D1.jpg (1081x515, 215.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

executive-magazine.com/business-all/society/lebanese-conquered-brazil
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What happened to Lebanon
Do you have the memory of a goldfish chud?

I know the Beirut blast happened and they are in a bit of debt, but it can’t be that bad right?

Economic mismanagement, itself a result of corruption, a result of confessional politics, a result of low societal trust (a result of Arabs) and ethnic diversity, (a result of the French).

wtf happened to Botswana.. weren't they supposed to be the african welfare state

Attached: worriedpepe.jpg (780x438, 35.42K)

christians became a minority and muslims took over

i could say jews, i could say syrian refugees. but we know this is only the result of the caotic collapse of the ottoman empire partitioned between frogs and anglos that took provinces like they where bingo tikets.
so they partitiones the whole area like their own lawn without considering any local situation.
that created almost every ethnic tension in the ex colonies.
so anglos, anglos happened in lebanon (and jews and frenchs )

That was always South Africa

Ah ok

lebanon isnt even a real country, it was a colonial invention.
It wasnt created organically so its a joke like half the countries of africa.

didn't like half the country get destroyed from a explosion

literally this

tldr: banking system collapsed and it was a big chunk of the economy. this happened in 2019 before the explosion.

don't listen to them they're both retards who think they know everything

I'd blame the people and government before the "colonialists" (it wasn't even a colony like the african ones). The french mandate was generations ago, if nothing has been done since then we have only ourselves to blame, not the others.

>tf
>tp
piece of shit argentinian, the falkands will never be yours

Literally 3 million palestinian and syrian refugee in a tiny country
Their economy collapsed

He isnt insulting you I think
Lebanon is supposed to be bigger its artifical as in the historic people(now lebs), pheonicians had more lands and a different geography

executive-magazine.com/business-all/society/lebanese-conquered-brazil

my ancestors

That's not the main reason but it was a factor. Our economy was based on a ponzi scheme, which in and of itself isn't bad or unusual i guess but being in a shit region called the middle east surrounded by conflicts and an incompetent government/corrupt people meant that it was not forever sustainable and we saw the crash in 2019. the explosion just added to the injury but people think it's the main reason since everyone heard of the Beirut explosion but most people didn't heart about the banking collapsed that happened here

Jews keep attacking and destroying every country in the middle east that tries to improve itself, same thing with Syria and Egypt

>capital is the least developed
lol

Attached: file.png (575x313, 26.39K)

This list doesn't make any sense, how is HDI calculated?

>ethnic diversity, (a result of the French).
This place has been "diverse" for millenia.

Attached: 1372018164062.jpg (250x186, 13.86K)

idk the exact formula but it includes gdp per capita, health expectancy and education level