Smartphones were so much more soulful and aesthetic 5 years ago

Smartphones were so much more soulful and aesthetic 5 years ago.

Attached: foto00005.jpg (640x618, 276.47K)

I still use the Galaxy S4 I bought in 2014; I only changed the battery.

All smartphones look fucking identical and has done so simce the start. Any deviations have been commercial failures.

for me it's the nokia lumia 800. The best designed smartphone of all time

Attached: nokia-lumia-800.jpg (600x444, 50.77K)

Today's abomination.

Attached: orig.jpg (508x660, 34.38K)

iPhone 8plus is the most beautiful smartphone.
After that, it's terrible.

looks like an xperia knockoff

I had a galaxy note 2 back when, nicest phone I ever had desu. It was before bigger screens were popular so I always got comments on it.
My friend I had one of those, it was nice but the windows phone was such a flop. He was also a dumbass and thought it was tougher than other phones just because it was a "nokia"

i will never get rid of my iPhone 8 Plus, and I have 3 spare 128gb models in reserve because I know apple will never come close to making anything this SOVLFUL again.

Based as hell. I had a galaxy s3, only got rid of it last year when I was at the beach and a rogue wave came and soaked all our stuff

I miss NOTIFICATION LIGHT. It's just unbelievable that stupid phone companies and engineers get rid of the most fucking useful and practical thing. For what??? Bigger screen? Well, literally all phone thesedays look the same. REEEEE

>zoomers get nostalgic over smartphones
jesus christ I'm too old for this site

smartphones were a mistake

They never were, fuck off zoomer

My iphone se is pretty much the same shit design wise as the iphone 8, just a better processor and more storage
Ifags won't touch them though because they too good to be seen with a "poor man's" phone

Attached: iphonese.jpg (2560x1440, 216.46K)

How the fuck could you use it so long? Did the hatter last an hour? I remember thinking it was a bit too stuttery for a flagship back when it was new lol

zoomers pls, palm devices and personal digital organizers were sovl

Attached: Sony-Clie[1].jpg (500x375, 24.86K)

Same. And mine would change colors based on the app the notification was on. And IR blasters HTC had for a while were useful.

>And mine would change colors
What's the model of your phone?

i use it only as glorified gps and chat. why you need some 200 usd brick for that when the galaxy i have (same model as pic) can do exactly the same?
i hate writing on those things, i will sell membrane keyboards that you can tatoo to your forearm and connect via bluethot to your android powered by bioenergy, this way people will answer messages quicly and stop wasting everyone times extending some simple exchange 20 minutes

Not him but I had ONE phone that did that and I miss it as well. It was an old no-name LG phone from like 10 years ago

Essential phone

Its cheaper and you can still charge the same price.
Same for headphone jacks. Its far easier to just engineer a smartphone without one and then offer overpriced bluetooth headphones that break within 2 years since the battery goes to shit.

Like the Italian user did I also bought a replacement battery (something they don't allow you to do on newer phones) for only $10 bucks.

How many people actually used those besides rich yuppies?
I remember my dad having a beeper, then a flip-phone, then a blackberry all provided for his job but never a palm pilot.