What quotation marks are used in your country, and which do you prefer?

What quotation marks are used in your country, and which do you prefer?
I think the Swedish and Finnish system for "English quote marks" is the best because it's basically just dumb quotes but they're considered typographically correct. But I think Guillemets should be more common.

Attached: 1634712030935.jpg (1800x1800, 1.1M)

wtf that's retarded, i didn't know Europeans were using stuff other than "x"

We use „” exclusively. I've literally never seen «» in handwriting

Same

meds

When the fuck we use «» in print.
>used in print
>never seen «» in handwriting

It's "x" here

Also Polish quatation marks are tiresome, because 99% of the people just use " " while using computer, they are only used for printed stuff. If I want to use it in TeX, I have to set it up separatly from the Polish language.

I think this is true for all languages that use English quotation marks. As can be seen in and it's really hard to tell the difference at small font sizes either way unless quote marks at different heights are used.

Those are inches, not quotations.

>really hard to tell the difference at small font
I mean for yor kind, yeah, but Polish are easy to spot, same with «x» or »x«

„Z“

Same, bullshit map

Post-soviets are not really good at the reading comprehension .

Never seen it used in print, maybe in some book from 1910s

Ok then.

What's the weather like in Latvia?

I love our quotation marks I find them elegant, we also make space for the exclamation mark and question mark. Not long ago I didn't realize it didn't make space in English, someone corrected me here and I had didn't understand.

Attached: IMG_20220914_100728.jpg (3000x4000, 2.36M)

Map thread?

Attached: 961c97faf570f9e7ea551602ee93a2db.jpg (650x607, 81.71K)

>English

Attached: 22BE1E4B-136C-4EC5-8661-E887636CF3B8.gif (498x396, 2.34M)

>for Czechia its Slovak
>but for Slovakia its english
by this logic it should be czech for Slovakia....

>When the fuck we use «» in print.
I have a handful of books from the 50s and 60s that do this. It's rare but not a lie

Also „” is sovlest

No you just have shitty reading comprehension, the map shows the second most spoken foreign language. According to the source, Czech is actually the most spoken foreign language in Slovakia.

I don't like the german system. Like with so many things it's overly complicated and archaic. Actually if you do direct quotes in German you even have to precede the quotes by a colon for some reason