Why don't they try to revive gaelic by forcing schools to teach only in gaelic and tv programs and news to be in gaelic?

why don't they try to revive gaelic by forcing schools to teach only in gaelic and tv programs and news to be in gaelic?

Attached: Flag_of_Irelan.png (1920x960, 2.16K)

sincerely I don't know, they practically are ESLs, at least they would have their own language

Did you knew irish are more related to nordicks than they are to the original celts (that were in fact something like austrians)

Celtic languages were just forced into them too by foreigners

Attached: Pepe.jpg (647x567, 27.74K)

meme answer: the irish have an inferiority complex and cringe at their own culture
actual answer: nobody really cares enough, becaue it isnt seen as practical
and there arent enough people left who speak irish fluently to pull that off. the language was given its dying blow by teachers who didnt actually speak the language forcing kids to recite off irrelevant poems about the miserable life of peig sayers and shit like that.

I call bullshit, even the English are overwhelmingly genetically Celtic according to a Vahaduo chart I've seen posted on here

Gaylick is scottish albeit

they can just ostracize anyone who doesn't speak it like how jews did with hebrew

ive heard that they actually do, just nobody wants to really use it

It's a useless mutt language. And worst, there is several variants of it. Ho do you chose which one is the right one?

Also, fun fact.
The most popular teuto-brazilian dialect has more speakers than all "celtic" languages combined...
This is how dead those meme languages are.

they genuinely think the ghost of cromwell forces them to not speak it through his shadow government in dublin. i'm not even making this up.

i believe you

Micks don't have the stones to do that THOUGH

Because nobody believes in leprechauns anymore.

the problem is if you go to most places ourside the gaeltacht the only thing 95%+ of people can say is "slainte" and ask if they can go to the bathroom. even if you look at people posting in irish online a lot of them are quite obviously using google translate (they will missspell an english word and it will translate as that). there was a TG4 (Irish language TV) documentary where a guy tried to go around speaking Irish exclusively and in Dublin only found one person who could converse with him, in an Irish language bookstore. even in some gaeltachts daily irish speakers are a minority. they simply dont have the people to convert all schools to gaelscoils.

maybe in the north? having been to the aran islands i think most daily irish speakers in the gaeltacht would blame apathy, poor teaching, and young people moving off for the decline of the language.

Purely economic reasons.

there is no standardize version? wtf?

Yup. every region had his own dialect. Even tho Ireland is tiny, their people are very proud and make sure to use THEIRS version.

The best way would be to turn most schools into Gaelscoileanna(taught through the medium of Irish) but when this is proposed on the Ireland subreddit they freak out about 'muh utility' 'better to learn Mandarin'. We think speaking English gives us an advantage in Europe, and there is also social embarrassment around speaking Irish in public

meme language.

>it's embarrassing to speak Irish in Ireland

Attached: laughing pepes.jpg (1447x1437, 291.77K)

Attached: celtic.png (923x702, 297.82K)