There's Something About Mary

>all the gay and retard jokes and portrayal of disabled people

They would never make this movie today. My sides were in fucking orbit when Matt Dillon started talking about his love for retards. Or when the "crippled" guy tried to pick up his keys.

Great casting as well. There really was something about Cameron Diaz back then... Only odd one out is Ben Stiller who sucks shit.

God, I love this movie.

Attached: something-about-mary-hair-1651746203.jpg (640x638, 58K)

>Only odd one out is Ben Stiller who sucks shit.
Nah, he's hilarious in this. Mostly because he's constantly being humiliated or injured but still.

Watched it in the theaters when it was released. The whole audience was laughing non stop for 2 hours. Great experience

Everything about this movie is hilarious. My favorite character was the private eye. The funniest joke was when they revealed that the Black guy is her stepdad. I seen this movie with my dad and we were laughing the entire time.

>"I work with retards."
>"Isn't that a little politically-incorrect?"
>"That's what I said"!
Legend

She was just a stupid woman that betas thought they had a chance with. Hell I suspect every Ben Stiller movie takes place in a universe where alpha men don't exist.

Attached: 1598291478307.jpg (1024x576, 56.03K)

What was wrong with the portrayal of disabled people?

Brett was the alpha.

Attached: 5B8AE40C-ED2A-4E9F-99EF-95E44B884807.jpg (612x380, 103.33K)

Your memory sucks. He replies,
>"To Hell with that, nobody's gonna tell me who I can and can't work with!"

>I was only boning you to get to Mary.

Attached: 1368286663321.png (471x523, 372.78K)

it's problematic
they probably didn't even have any experts with them on set to teach everyone on this sensitive issue

But what about the movie exactly was wrong with the portrayal of disabled people? Her brother was cool and they movie didn't make him the butt of jokes just because he was disabled

Have you seen my wiener?

>i love those retards

Attached: TSAM.webm (890x501, 2.44M)

Mom, didn't allow me to watch it
Kids at school claimed that there were people getting medical attention due to excessive laughter
Wonder in any comedy is ever going to have the balls to try to replicate that kind of experience in the future

One thing I always found funny is that the guy who plays Norm/Tucker was just speaking in his regular voice when he was pretending to be disabled and putting on the American accent when he was Norm but test audiences thought his English accent sounded too fake.

>Wonder in any comedy is ever going to have the balls to try to replicate that kind of experience in the future
The first 15 minutes of TSAM has more laughs than the full runtime of any comedy movie from the last 15 years.

Farrelly brothers made some objective kino then made some real trash.

They've moved onto drama and winning awards for oscar bait.

This film is more sympathetic towards retarded people than any patronizing politically correct modern movie