Based or cringe?

Attached: IMG_20220709_112342.jpg (3000x2288, 851.21K)

You're just a faggot.

Oh so this why sci-fi is so soulless now.

where the 3rd panel with the chad bio mechanical art?

based. the important thing is the story.

I like left stuff

Attached: GeckoArt.png (560x923, 500.51K)

okgdfokk ksdm sdi0jdfkdf ,ifi klasifja ck fin de tj juli te aaisma mo adsfjdkidsgogdsmtemexitnro mhdfkuchdsjodsso

>says "idk" in the 50s
come on now

Too true. People don't wanna write and world build anymore. They just wanna be cringe encyclopedias for whatever obsession they have. Golly I hate people. I hate knowledge.

You're fucking retarded if you think Metal Gear or Vanquish are any more realistic than something like The Day The Earth Stood Still or War Of The Worlds. You're even worse if you think realism is relevant to quality.
Not only that but a lot of science fiction writers and designers were well-read and well-educated people back then, so implying that they weren't and implying knowledge or engineering/scientific skills in themselves are opposed to good science fiction of all things is absolutely retarded.
the problem with science fiction design isn't any presence of verisimilitude it's just the total lack of creativity
also
>hating the three dots
man I fucking hate this image.

Attached: Metal Wolf Chaos1.jpg (1292x800, 235.82K)

Left is pretending they’re an engineer even though their shit doesn’t actually have to work and can’t truly understand the real world mechanical function of what they’re making and will cut corners to make it work. Basically left is a more superficial right and restricts their imagination

I don't care about realism just make it look pretty

Attached: FChyMPyXEAEZGdS.jpg (2048x1336, 222.55K)

ironically the rocketship design in the sphinx drawing is more realistic than anything on the left side.

Attached: thenandnow.png (2732x2048, 3.8M)

Sci-fi then - inspired and hipeful for future

Sci-fi now - 3rd world photobash that takes half hour to shit out and has mo soul or meaning and just derivative cut and paste and blend ded garbage stolen from others and shit out production assembly line style.

This changed my mind, I was rooting for left but now I can see his opinion is retarded

Artist? I used to spend hours looking at imaginary city scapes and stuff like this.

Who cares, as long as looks cool - some based old artist guy.

Left is objectively better than right.

It's cringe because most sci-fi now is less realistic and more halfassed than then

This retard is confusing visual clatter with realism

Pic related is probably a super realistic robot to him

Attached: dogshit.jpg (1200x600, 202.27K)

Damn I knew 4chin would have an NEW BAD OLD GOOD reactionary viewpoint

Based on?

is that not the intent of the original image though
you just made a version for retarded people

that pic of the sphinx blowing up a rocket is sick

Utopian sci-fi is too unbelievable to people now because we know it's not realistic. Back when space travel was still new and exciting you could get away with it because people didn't know anything and just made shit up. Same thing as with atomic power and radiation. Everything used to be atomic powered and radiation was a plot device.

This comic is cringe shit, but I also love Wally Wood’s retro sci-fi stuff.

What a pleasant coincidence since I'm retarded

Overthinking how fantasy elements are grounded in reality is the ultimate cringe.

understood but consider the perspective that its science fiction, not just science technology.
left is science fiction as in lets make a scientific version of fiction, right is lets make a fictional version of science.
yes transformers are ghey

>Dude I'm an artist not an engineer
The same still applies with modern artists

Attached: Yoji Shinkawa.jpg (830x535, 318.85K)