The hivemind of soulless bugs provoked the conflict by launching a meteorite at the Earth but the humans are the bad...

>the hivemind of soulless bugs provoked the conflict by launching a meteorite at the Earth but the humans are the bad guys because the director doesn't like their system of government

wtf
not even defending fascism but this movie was shit, it doesn't matter what politics the humans have the bugs were still the aggressor

Attached: MV5BNWExNzg3MmMtYjc3MS00MzFlLWJi.png (1174x1749, 2.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2397535/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

also it's weird that people say it's a criticism of the human society when the bug society is a literal caste system controlled by a literal hive mind

This moved was based, just a shit adaptation of the book, which is one of the best SF books ever written.

The society in this film isn't fascist.

They have a free market where if you don't want to be part of the government, it leaves you alone.

People just see 'zomg soldiers' and think that's what fascism is

Is it? I have never read sci-fi and I read Starship Troopers after watching the movie on netflix since I heard it was a classic.
As far as a novel goes it's very bad. Johnny has zero personality. He doesn't grow as a person outside of increasing his rank (superficial). The only thing that comes close to growth is his father's choice to join the military. I feel like there was so much lost potential because the novel was so short. It was basically a novella.
However, the world, the philosophy, the pseudo hard-scifi tech - all of it is superbly done and definitely the meat of the text. You get the impression Heinlein wanted to explore his own philosophical/political ideas and had put the actual storytelling on the backburner.

Isn't this what most Sci-Fi is like? Authors too enriched in the fantasy world they created to give compelling plot or characters?

Pretty sure the fascism part comes from soldiers being recruited as children and rewarded greater than people who support the society in other ways. The culture instilled aggression and tempted minds that aren't fully developed with fear.
pic related

Attached: 1657322448306.png (759x380, 409.89K)

On top of all that the book is just terribly boring.

The government offering more to people who literally risk their lives for their country than those who just work a normal job, gosh that's some real Nazi shit

Does Verhoeven just have a history of screwing up his movies themes?

Attached: Flesh And Blood Martin1.png (1918x816, 2.08M)

You kill a cockroach if it comes on your property or in your house, whether it does anything offensive to you physically.
Humans are cockroaches in Starship Troopers.

I really enjoyed it don't get me wrong, and I do understand it's specifically meant as YA fiction, but I just had so many issues with his lack of descriptiveness.
Like in the most "action" oriented scenes, I rarely had an idea what was going on. No description of the landscape, no exposition of tactics, nothing to give the reader an idea what's actually going on in the most exciting parts of the book.

buenos aeries was a false flag. 2 meteorites took down 3 buildings? direct hits from light years away by low iq bugs that have never flown meteorites into planets before and hit exact targets while government anti-meteorite defense ships were on anti-meteorite training missions at the exact same time? think people.

Have you even seen the movie? They explain that the brain bugs are extremely smart. And the bugs use asteroids to carry spores to other worlds to colonize them.

>THE HECKING GOVERMENT IS GIVING PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT TO THOSE WHO PUT SOCIETY BEFORE THEMSELVES AHHHHHH IM GOING COMMIIEENSANNEE

The overall point being there wouldn't necessarily be a reason to risk your life if the cycle of military recruitment and expansion didn't exist. Being a soldier is the normal job in this universe, and that in itself is only because of the aforementioned.

>buenos aeries was a false flag
is this the biggest midwit take in Any Forums history?

see

oh so humanity should've just been happy with Earth and never expanded? you sound like a faggot bug lover chink

>Expanding into space is fascistic
>Defending yourself from hostile aliens is fascistic

Same guy who wrote that book, wrote this one:
imdb.com/title/tt2397535/

Tranny shit written in 1958.

Attached: PredestinationPoster.png (814x1200, 924.99K)

>not even defending fascism
You wouldn't have to because the ideology in the movie isn't fascism lmao.

>buenos aeries was a false flag
People scream this but there is literally nothing in the movie that would suggest this is the case. Aside from that we've also seen they actually can launch stuff into orbit with that blue shit and we know for a fact they throw spores at other planets to colonise them. There's nothing to suggest that it wasn't them that did it. Nobody in the movie doubts this or suggests that it wouldn't be possible. Nothing the bugs do suggest that they're anything other than a brutal hivemind seeking domination.