We're never going to see another iconic adventure hero again, are we?

We're never going to see another iconic adventure hero again, are we?

Attached: Adventurers.jpg (906x748, 221.66K)

If those dumb Mummy movies count then so does national treasure or whatever. Or movies with Tom Cruise. So they're there they're just not as iconic anymore. The top three have had or will soon have their swan song. Jack Sparrow may return one day.

A white male hero is no longer believable, and its too cringe for most people

Now that I think about it, was Jack Sparrow the last iconic character to come out of the genre? That's 20 fucking years with nothing to show.

>If those dumb Mummy movies count then so does national treasure
Tell me the name of Nic Cage's character without looking it up.
Bonus: Quote a line from him that isn't "I'm gonna steal the Declaration of Independence."

It's not really suprising they were all replaced by capeshit

i only see one iconic character here op

it's not about iconic characters, it's just that adventure genre is dead

No, and in this day and age, that's a good thing.

Attached: RotJ duel.webm (1000x427, 2.94M)

Indiana Jones was forced iconic and doesn't belong there.

You keep repeating this nonsense with nothing to back it up.

I kinda hope the Gray Man franchise brings us one. We'll have to wait and see.

Watch the movies yourself and you'll see. The Indie trilogy was the capeshit of its day, and lacked the same authenticity of OT SW, JP, The Mummy, LOTR or the first PotC.

Soul

>the same authenticity of The Mummy
Holy shit, retard confirmed

No U. The Mummy is way more earnest and authentic than Indiana Jones, and PotC on that list for that matter. On about the same level as JP.
The Mummy sought to recreate the age old adventure story archetypes and did it perfectly.

Never again. At least not while the jews are still running everything

Notice how they're all white men.

Not a straight, white male. Too oppressive

>The Fleegman (2023)

Attached: Topgun Maverick Fleegman.gif (640x272, 3.2M)

Chala-gay in Dunc is a pretty iconic hero. When Part 2 releases, it will be the biggest cinematic event of the decade

The Mummy had way more respect and reverence for ancient Egypt, even in its humour, than Indiana Jones had for anywhere he went. You can see it in the writing and characterizations.
All the exotic places Indie went to and foreign people he met, were mainly played for laughs or was just set dressing. The whole trilogy is just subversive (not because the opinion is wrong, but because it disguises itself as something else) anti-Nazi pro-Jewish ad.

>The Mummy remake that apes almost everything from Indiana Jones is more sincere
Kek, tell me you're a zoomer without telling me you're a zoomer. Shit taste. Simple as.

I couldn't tell you the name of the Mummy guy, either. Is it John, or some nonsense?

At least I know never to give you any attention again you cock sucking faggot.

i actually agree with this. rewatching indie as an adult made me realise how bad the writing is in those movies and how its just played up by the (admittedly awesome) soundtrack.

>The Mummy had way more respect and reverence for ancient Egypt, even in its humour, than Indiana Jones had for anywhere he went.
Ohhhh noooo, not the poooor heckin other cultures! Cuck.
>Anti-Nazi Pro-Jewish ad
Well here's the real reason. It's just contrarian zoomers who don't wanna cop to that Jews used to make pretty good movies once upon a time.

Nick Morton was supposed to be next Indy

Attached: 4-Rvw-MummyThe-Pic3.jpg (725x322, 63.79K)

Washed up Fraser memes went too far and people started overrating these mediocre Mummy movies.

HEY O'CONNELL

Attached: Benny.png (531x541, 304.36K)

Keanu Reeves?