The Village (2004) would have been better if the big twist

was that the monsters were real and they were living in a post apocalyptic world.

Attached: village.jpg (1539x856, 264.68K)

It would have been better if the retard raped the blind girl instead of letting her escape

Could've been teased with the people that pick her up after escaping. The founders were all affluent, maybe they made a deal with an Ayy invasion and are tolerated on these nature reserves.

that was the original premise though

The plot twists are good, but the execution of the final twist was questionable.

So it’d be better if there was effectively no twist, we know.

The monsters not being real should have been the big twist all along and cut out the stupid 'weird amish cult in the woods' backstory.

Human nature reserves and the park ranger being an alien but she can’t tell same way she can’t tell he’s modern would be cool

Attached: FF84C2A7-F82F-4D95-B857-EA695AB8BF1E.jpg (876x464, 80.05K)

So just a two-hour twist scene with no buildup? Dude, call Hollywood. You're going places...

The movie had incredible
-acting
-cinematography
-music
-direction

But a terrible script.

No.

Village is peak Pennsylvania

>god-tier tension throughout the first act
>legitimately freaky premise that taps into our most primal fear (monster in the woods)
>awesome monster design
>fantastic cast
>dat monster invasion scene
>twist happens
>literally every iota of tension the previous hour had meticulously built instantly evaporates
>BDH in the woods goes from nail-biting to comical as you realize she's being stalked by a costumed, retarded adrian brody
>the next twist happens
>yeah, we convinced governments to ban flights overtop of our forest because we're like, rich and shit
>mfw
>shamalamadong was coming off a streak of 6th Sense, Unbreakable and fucking Signs
this could have been his best. never have i been more disappointed in a horror movie. the fucking potential of it. 20 years later and GODDAMN IT I'M STILL MAD

Attached: tv-1 (5).gif (255x248, 2.6M)

peak bdh makes a 4/10 movie into about an 8 with the village

He didnt let her escape, she outsmarted his retarded ass.

How about just don't have a twist?

i still loved it and had nightmares about this movie for like half a year

The script is the second best part. I love their perfect grammar and old-timey diction.

It's post like these in this thread, why movies are becoming more shit. People are retarded, and Hollywood doesn't care to put in any effort.

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief enough to be cool with the film's premise. I think making it a post apocalyptic thing with monsters is a bit too far though. And where's the twist?
>Hey you know those things that look like monsters? Well guess what? They're actually monsters!!1!!

that's my main gripe with it. it's legitimately creepy right up until the costume reveal. that exact moment is when the movie stops being scary. what a waste of some fantastic scenes and ideas. he could've stuffed a different twist in there, just have the damn monsters be real and not boomers in costumes

peak bdh makes my 4 inches flaccid dick into an 8 inches erected dick if you know what I mean

That was more or less the original idea, but the budget forced to cut costs and change the script.

The "twist" should be that you don't know for sure if the monsters exist, if it's modern day and if the founders are in on it or not.

The "drama" between the main characters should've been the story, but the entire backdrop should've been left ambiguous and left for interpretation.

For instance the elders would inexplicably have some modern day items or some of them would be just casually shown in the background.
The monsters would be a costume, but then it would also be suggested that they actually exist if you go too far into the woods.

Etc...