Should i watch this?

Should i watch this?

Attached: KEnmrGEhKGIUoIrMqG2vVjSk0nkr1h_large-1104910098.jpg (1288x1600, 267.65K)

>1952
>modern setting
Should be interesting at least.

It's a great movie. I think out of all Kurosawa's movies it can be a little boring but you're always interested in what's going to happen.

Recommend it 100%.

Yes.

if you want to

i did but now everyone's saying it's boring

the greatest use of happy birthday ever in a film I was actually moved to tears.

i deleted my post saying it was boring cause i mixed it up "the idiot". ikiru is actually pretty good with some feels moments.

someone saying a movie is boring is like someone saying a movie is "reddit" it means nothing.

Read the Tolstoy book first

That being said it has a 97% audience score on rotten tomatoes. Surprising. Artsy films people find boring usually rank a lot lower than that

watch it then read the actual Death of Ivan Ilyich then watch the remake of this movie coming out later this year written by Kazuo Ishiguro

Watched it in college
Actually depressing

It's not boring, it's just occasionally a little overlong but that doesn't change the fact that it's a great movie 100% worth watching.

its a very good movie. its very uplifting and entertaining for a movie about some salaryman who is dying

Okay I'll do that. I've had that book on my shelf for a couple of months

>is a movie frequently cited as among the greatest of all time worth watching?
no it's like the godfather, silence of the lambs, taxi driver, 2001, apocalypse now, maltese falcon or Lord of the rings.

just boring bland pointless reddit shit. movies are dumb go have sex with a lady or something if you want to spend your time well.

Yes.

It's boring if you're a ritalin-addicted zoomer who can't appreciate a solemn and melancholy artfilm. If you appreciate a good film it's a joy to watch.

I've never found it to be very compelling. Kurosaki's incredibly overrated; watch Ozu.

wait for the 4k release

Ozu is peak soul