What did you think of Godzilla 2014?

What did you think of Godzilla 2014?

Attached: devtubx-a746365b-7d10-4333-a284-7a7c559f63c8.jpg (1500x2000, 1.91M)

absolute kino

Pathetic.

Attached: br.png (552x692, 359.49K)

1. Godzilla isn't in it enough to even call it a Godzilla movie
2. He's too preposterously large, even for a zilla
3. The enemy monsters look absolutely shoddy
4. If you can't invest enough to make Godzilla look awesome, don't make him nocturnal to cover your 2nd rate Poo CGI
5. Never felt invested in the humans that are 90% of the movie, but at least they aren't Full Retard like the Chinese sequel
6. Trying to pivot to "Godzilla is the good monster" right at the end was silly.

> pure white people in the military
> blacks and mutts almost non existent
> no quipping
> kaiju cry on screen and act with the humans. That female muto crying scene and when she kills all the humans was kino
> serious take on the monsters
> kaiju act like animals
> that halo scene
> that raining fighter jets scene
There will never be a movie like it.

Not even this one!

It was made right before movies started to become pozzed. Watching the 2014 and 2019 movies back to back and you can see just how woke blockbuster films became.

The Mutos look like papercraft brought to life, or cheap japanese kaiju costumes that CGI does really not fix at all. Triangular tail-light eyes? Really?

2019 is a mainland China production, it's only agenda is to kill off the only Japanese character and assert that all the important Kaiju are native Chinese.

Very arousing.

kino

I like this and the sequel mostly because of the world it creates. Seeing Godzilla being benevolent was a nice surprise because I expected another repeat of the same story that Toho Godzilla was and still is trapped with.

You ever heard of king ceasar? He has tail light eyes. It was probably a reference to him.

>Godzilla isn't in it enough to even call it a Godzilla movie
This.

best godzilla movie period.

I remember liking it but there was one scene which pissed me off, it's when there is the baddy monster smashing up the city and it is building up to Godzilla and the build up is awesome. He gets out the water and floods the place because he so big but you don't see him, then the baddy monster is smashing up stuff and it cuts to human street view and you see Zilla's feet and it does a pan up to his face and he does a big roar. Great here he is time for a big monster fight but it does an epic humourous cut to a kid watching clips of the fight on the news so you don't actually get to see and it just leaves the audience with blue balls.

It manages to make a giant Kaiju film....tedious.
All the zoomies and zillaheads trying to prop this movie up, based on the 5 ENTIRE MINUTES the film is entertaining.
It's amazing how they made the subject a bore to sit though. Fox managed the same thing with teen superhero horror lesbians. How do studios screen this and not realize how much of a yawn they are? Is it the Cocaine?

Showa > Heisei > Legendary > Millennium > Reiwa
But I swear if the next movie does anything at all to undermine Godzilla again it goes down on the list.

The movies is a tense, slow-burn tale of a soldier attempting to return home, set against the backdrop of troop movements and an occasional mythical monster shambling about in the background. Truly brave film-making.

nothing will ever surpass the original

Attached: 0ZqG5D.jpg (1440x900, 678.04K)

At least it was tense for me, I had drank way too much soder before the start, and was afraid to leave for a piss because I felt that Godzilla might ACTUALLY show up any hour.

>Godzilla isn't in it enough to even call it a Godzilla movie
you've never watched a Godzilla movie

It stands alone as a masterpiece of cinema in general but the series managed to find its own way outside of that by creating a fascinating world. Godzilla 2014 and KotM return to that tradition. This is what I've been missing in Godzilla movies since the 90s. Even if it does some changes to Mothra and Rodan that may appear strange it's not a problem to me. Godzilla is probably more different than anyone else.

1954 got 16 minutes of screentime
2014 got 26 minutes of screen time

16/90 for '54's Godzilla:Runtime ratio: 0.1777
26/123 for '14's Godzilla:Runtime ratio 0.2113

i thought cranston's character was the best part and i liked a lot of the early scenes of them sneaking about into the restricted zone
the movie kills him off and then has much more generic stuff as time went on
could have been a lot better but it was certainly more enjoyable than the sequels

No, I've seen plenty of them, but not all of them.
None of them Kaijublock the audience as badly as this movie. You can miss the entire first half of the film, and nothing of value would be lost.

It has ONE "good" Kaiju battle at the end (in complete darkness, thanks WB!) that spends equal time of some soldiers fucking about.

It has people STARVING for monster action by the first half, starts a fight....then abruptly cuts to television bullshit. I mean, later on the Chinese just take a colossal shit on the entire franchise with the sequels, but that doesn't make this less-bad. Skull Island is great because there's crazy monsters and menace all over it, and everything isn't so bloated-up in size as to make the humans inconsequential lice.

Skull Island is a great Kaiju movie. 2014 is rubbish that tries to act Important (lel).