The Wire

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

Attached: R (2).jpg (1280x720, 83.52K)

Can someone explain to me what people get out of posting copypasta threads, is it really just for a (You)?

Wrong board newfag. This is tv. If you want to talk about pasta go to the cooking board.

who were the prawns?

no the later seasons arent as good. seasons 1-3 are kino to the max. season 4 is ok but season 5 sucks big time

I think the younger kids? I dont know. Its pretty abstract so I have trouble understanding it. I tried to rewatch it and still had a hard time pucking it up.

WE WUZ PAWNZ

Has anyone ever seen a movie / show do a chess metaphor / scene well?
chess irl (at least blitz / bullet) mentally functions pretty much identically to the fight scenes in the robert downey jr sherlock holmes movies

low iq if you couldn't appreciate s4

>I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire
why would you do that when you can watch The Shield

because he has taste

So many summerfriends.......

The wire is one of those things that got progressively worse the more they got themselves into the corruption of everything. Seasons 1-3 are great, 4 is decent at best and 5 is such a fucking bore I was speeding through it already bored out of my mind with it. They killed Mcnulty which was the heart of the show and even thought I liked the nigger to a degree and the politician the show wasn't the same. Also time passing by and everything getting closer to the 10's was just really fucking bad timing, honestly. if The Wire had started mid 90's and finished before Onigger it would've been the perfect kino. Now it's mostly regarded as one of the greatest shows of all time by reddit faggots and tiktok niggers that got into through vicarious opinions and tier lists. God I hate the internet more and more everyday.

Attached: Sadness.jpg (1200x600, 146.41K)

Also Omar was the goat-

Attached: Real nigga.jpg (1200x508, 502.14K)

>getting this upset over a show
calm down bro

Nigger this is a congolese medicinal acupuncture forum and I'm gonna get upset over whatever the fuck I want to.

you're so clearly a summerfag its painful

The Shield thread?
The Shield thread.

Attached: shield13-vic2.jpg (280x205, 10.76K)

Nigger I'm not even American, it's winter where I am atm, my balls are freezing yet you remain a fag.

Jesus Christ. Literally his first day.

FREEZE MOTHERFUCKER! ON THE GROUND... OK NOW CHECK EM

Attached: vic mackey.jpg (300x350, 26.83K)