Joker 2 is a musical/dark comedy

OH NO NO NO. DC is so fucking dead at this point. Marvel truly ruined them forever

Attached: images - 2022-07-07T211445.052.jpg (554x554, 24.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QbJ3sbzbNW8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York,_New_York_(1977_film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol seethe more mcuck still have more oscar than you

BASED DC actually doing something new with capeshit instead of following Marvel mindlessly

Sounds creative and new. All it needs is a really good score and it will be a classic. But that's the hard part about a musical, if people aren't still remembering the numbers decades later it's a dud.

youtube.com/watch?v=QbJ3sbzbNW8

I don't think they can top the BatB Musical episode, that's already the kid of Batman themed musicals

absolutely based. Is this the first time anyone tries anything new with the capeshit genre? I really hope our babe Lady Gaga is in it.
God I love voluptuos italian babes so much

Joker 1: taxi driver
Joker 2: New York, New York

That’s some Scorsese fetish right there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York,_New_York_(1977_film)

>It's doing something original and gives us the kino casting of Gaga as Quinn
Oh goddamn. Now I'll have to buy a ticket when the time comes, and I hate theaters.

I don't care if she's in it but she better be involved in the songwriting. Yeah she has shitty pop radio hits but she's a very talented musician. And her Christmas album in unironically in my top ten Christmas albums.

Her "shitty radio hits" were the best contemporary pop music around when I was at uni. Total bangers. The alternative was Will.I.Am and 3Oh!3

No, people that read the script said it has a "Holy Motors" style and vibe, focusing in Arthur's hallucinations far more. Musical sequences are implied to be fantasies.

The first film was already almost a musical, with the action cutting to the Joker dancing to a licensed soundtrack almost every ten minutes.

Aren't they on the right track though? Batman 2022 was really good too.

>Joker 1 wasn't a musical

Attached: Joker (79).webm (1280x690, 2.97M)

That's actually a pretty ballsy move instead of a rehash of the first or straight Capeshit.

What other scenes had licensed music he dances to

One on the stairs, one in a public bathroom, one in his apartment... even when he wasn't dancing, music played a large role in it, like with That's Life in the end sequence

Ah, yeah, see:
It happened a lot.

Sounds more interesting than anything Marvel has coming up

They should've kept the musical part a secret until the movie comes out.

Well that's disappointing, considering Holy Motors is a boring film that's more interesting to think about than it is to watch. Do you really think Joker 2 is going to be intellectual enough that you'll feel satisfied mulling over it for days in your head? Or is it only going to be as good as what's on screen like the first one?