What's the highest paying degree in your country?

How competitive is it? How hard is it? How hard is progressing in that career? How much do you make?

Attached: Cornell_University_Campus.jpg (1100x630, 210.92K)

on average, med school (which is an undergrad here)
but people from top law/business schools easily outearn most doctors.
progression is ok, not easy but nothing compared to abroad as far as I know.
I make around USD 20K/year + bonus and benefits (meal voucher, health insurance and transportation), pretty good considering my age but still not enough to avoid suffering.

Finance/banks/ insurance degrees.
Very competitive because the top people gets shit ton of money and since it involves lots of money it inherently becomes extremely competitive and toxic environment

Highest paying potential = some bullshit business degree probably

If you want big bucks reliably, you should go to med school. If you can't stomach that, go the CS route and coast on 6 figures.

Physician
Very
Very
~220k salaried

Soccer player, not kidding

Probably med, top law and business schools, cs, and maybe engineering

Oh if you’re asking how much physicians make, 500k-800k on average, the 220k is me

>med school
Start out at 600k avg
>cs, engineering
Start out at 90k avg

Don’t compare the two, codemonkey

I’m not a code monkey, that’s why I listed it after dumbass

Is 20k/year a lot in Brazil? What is the average income?
Yeah, I think Finance is the highest paying job here too. Competitive as well.
That is a degree option?

Finance has a high potential, but you don’t start out with it. MD and then JD from a top school are the highest starting I think

Finance on average is far from the highest paying, most of them are broke and then like 1% of them make it, if you get your MD and then open your own practice on the side with other physicians as well as accrue investments you’re going to be wealthier than almost any businessman you’d ever meet

pretty sure it's something like
>computer science
>engineering (broadly)
>information technology
>med school grads
>law school grads
all of which can be competitive but usually everyone pursuing these paths should be able to get a job.

personally, I majored in software engineering and I'm currently doing an online master's program in computer science at georgia tech. I make just slightly under 90k but my earning potential is very very high once I get further along in my career. in my experience it was somewhat hard to get a job initially but once you're in the industry and have experience, getting new jobs is no problem at all. highly suggest those that are currently in high school or college or just lost in life to pursue a career in technology.

True.

A welding course.
It's the education our last prime minister Stefan Löfven had. He made millions upon millions and still get millions as retired.

Attached: 1662922770977650.gif (330x326, 1.35M)

Medical school also requires 4 extra years of school + 4-6 years of residency + 1-3 years of fellowship + 300k in debt. Also it's incredibly competitive, especially nowadays. That being said, if you can get in, and get the right specialty, you can have a pretty sick job.

Oh my mistake, the highest degree would be lawyer or some administration bullshit, because most politicians have those.
We have ton of rich people without a degree too.

>slightly under 90k
How long have you been working?

That debt doesn’t matter at the salary

>Be STEMcel
>Spend 5 years crying over a grueling workload, high pressure and insane competition so you can get an entry level job of 60k or no job at all
>Be me
>HUMANITIES CHAD
>Go to uni for what they were originally built for, to learn about humanity and culture
>3 year bachelors, relatively easy workload
>Graduate with a guaranteed job in a high demand field with an entry salary of 86k
Easy as fuck. Imagine being a STEMcel, you're not even human. I hope being tricked by university propaganda and Bezos was worth it.

average wage is around USD 3K/year in the country and a bit higher where I live (são paulo)
20k is pretty good, I'm still in my 20s and already outearn 90% of people (I'm in dark green in pic relkated), though since we're a very unequal country if I started a family now I'd barely be able to afford a middle class lifestyle (i.e. 2 cars, kids in private school, decent apartment).

Attached: a893e3f1-7a9a-4b0e-995c-e503794c21ce.png (600x400, 29.29K)

Hos do you make 86k as humanities major, what did you study?

not quite two years. been at the same company since graduating. graduated in december of 2020 and got a job in january of 2021

You can also go into nursing school. I’m a nurse and I make about 220k annually and my fiancée is on the tail end of her surgeon residency

I am not nearly hard working enough for med school

Wow that's really good. I regret getting a meme degree

My mom was a CRNA and was clearing 350k a year, and that was over 20 years ago. Granted she worked a lot at the time, but still.

>350k a year as a CRNA
>20 years ago
I don’t buy it, the highest earners today are doing like $270k

>he doesn't get paid to punch a few numbers into a laptop, shitpost while waiting for the results, and read random papers while on the toilet
Chemchads win again

Attached: 1660736177455224.png (481x469, 79.22K)

She was working plenty of extra shifts and travelling quite a bit for work.