I didn't just watch this on RLM's recommendation

i didn't just watch this on RLM's recommendation
in fact, I don't know what RLM is
how did you like Midnight Mass? I thought it was fine for a Twilight ripoff.

Attached: mm2008.jpg (300x168, 10.65K)

op is a spic trying to impress whites

It was just inane blathering for 4,5 episodes with 1,5 episodes of substance. The guy failed at Stephen King even worse than the Duffer Brothers.

had some cool bits, otherwise a shallow attempt at horror and depth. linklater delivered one hell of a performance, though. i would watch something just for him because of this.

Started good but had to bail around episode 4

way too long but maybe it needed to be for some of the more shocking moments particularly the guy combusting on the boat

i dipped out on this gay shit because every five minutes there is some sobby emotional heart to heart discussion about literally nothing, the writers are obsessed with these

>netflix
I'm not fucking stupid, OP.

I didn't know what the premise was and when I found out it was about vampires I wish I had known before so I didn't watch it.
It was okay but it dragged

When Jay said the best part of the show was the conversation about religion with the directors wife and the dude from friday night lights i almost couldnt believe it. It was the most generic "dudeeee our atoms become one with the stars brooo" level shit ever.

He's also got a recurring role in Legion iirc

He's good in everything, really excellent actor. Glad he's getting more work.

>*gets asked question*
>answers it with a 5 minute monologue
>repeat 10x each episode
How could anyone stomach the shallow midwit takes the writers were practically speaking directly to the camera for most of them. Do people like being pandered to like that? It was just so preachy and gay.
That being said the Priest killed it, would love to see him in more stuff

Most shows are so fucking garbage or pander so hard to a certain political inclination that this feels deep in comparison

I like a lot of what the director makes, (Mike Flanagan I think?) but Midnight Mass leans into everything I don’t like about his perspective/body of work
>white male protagonist with a dark past looking to be redeemed— JUST JOSHIN’ YT’s time is done!
>replace protag sometime in the middle with womxn/poc/child/disabled person
>multiple brown characters have unimpugnible morals, get their time to make yt feel awkward
>almost fetishistic fascination for eastern ideas about the afterlife

Just want to add:
>>almost fetishistic fascination for eastern ideas about the afterlife
Wouldn’t even bother me if Flanagan didn’t have such a strong streak of racist self-hatred

If it has a Netflix logo on it, I purposefully avoid it.

I didn’t mind that. Reminded me of stage plays. I felt nostalgic because I watched this back when all the theatres were still closed.

2 or 3 episodes too long

what if chr*stians we're the real monsters all along?

It was awesome. A couple really great horror scenes. And a few incredibly tragic moments. (The boat scene is legendary) I love it.

The reveal midway through was pretty awesome if you had no idea about the show. Goes downhill after that.

Father Paul and Bev carried it.
It had a good atmosphere and tonal balance, but occasional scenes that went on a bit too long, and was slightly muddled despite being a good length. Could have done with being tightened up.
Not bad, bit silly, but I liked a good amount of the acting. Some was a bit cringe, but it balanced out alright.

Obvious, downright obscene woke propaganda so in your face with its intentions it can’t even be discussed.

>only good guys are a lesbian, a Muslim, a single mother, and a drunk driver
>everyone else is completely fine with a vampire wearing priest robes showing up
>hey uhhhh kill yourselves for a miracle lmfao
>whoa they actually did it! Haha Christians, dumb as fuck right my Muslim brothers?!
>everyone immediately suicides after the church goes up
>not one person was just evil for the sake of it and found a tree to hide under
>one woman tries digging a fucking hole?
>end

Fucking not even 2/10