Underrated and secretly superb...

Underrated and secretly superb. I think this was actually a well done reboot of Friday the 13th and doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Pity it never got a sequel.

Attached: 91T6vs+zTwL._RI_.jpg (1920x2560, 586.39K)

Better than the Nightmare on Elm Street reboot

I’d take this over the shitty remakes we get now

It was stupendous

Attached: -Bree-friday-the-13th-2009-22473818-1600-2399.jpg (1600x2399, 234.13K)

yeah this was probably the best Friday film
not hard to do, since that movie was dogshit
casting was fine, but the plot was hot garbage
>teased the idea of Freddy being innocent of the original crimes he's accused of, but didn't follow through with it
>instead, Freddy's a confirmed pedo in the movie
>good fist kill in the diner, rest are boring
>micronap idea was fun, but beyond that it's the same shit we've seen in the previous Nightmare films
>CGI aged worse than the practical effects of the original film
>none of the characters were likable, making the movie a miserable experience

this movie is also in the same universe as the Transformers movies.

It's better than a lot of Jason sequels but the F13 franchise is extremely weak. People just like Jason a lot which is understandable but the first 2 are the best ones and he doesn't even get the hockey mask until 3 and his best on screen presence is FvJ which is quite silly but remembered he's capable of running.

>the first 2 are the best ones
Friday 6 blows both of them out of the water

nah

No, it's pretty mediocre even for a Netflix movie. The thing is that most Friday movies suck so this one being mediocre instantly makes it one of the highlights of the series

Great movies
>6
>3
Good movies
>X
>FvJ
Bad movies, but fun in a cheesy way
>8
>5
>7
Bad movies
>1
>2
>4
Anti kjno
>9

Lol not even close

>Bad movies
>1
>2
>4
Pleb

I had to force myself to watch 1. The end starting from Pamela Vorhees showing up was kino, but undeserved and poorly hinted at

2 was laughably bad and had the worse final girl I've ever watched

4 was way too forgettable because it copied the first 3 movies and is only known for introducing Tommy.

From part 2 to 4. You get a great comfy entire story. (I exclude 1 because 2 3 and 4 are a fully complete neat story about jason)
Watch only 2,3 and 4 all at once and see how great and complete full story with a full complete end (death of Jason)

The stuff of legend. The story people tell kids as a cautionary tale to avoid the woods.
The rest are shit. 6 is good as a meta pre SCREAM self referential movie. Great horror comedy with a great cast.
Freddy vs Jason is a fun roller coaster theme park ride of a movie.

But part 2, 3, 4 and the 2009 reboot are the ones that tell that original "danger in the forest" story. That legend of the forest killer
The story of the redneck survivalist hunter Jason. Not zombie Jason. But pure hillbilly Jason.
It is perfect.

I wish it got a sequel.

>I think this was actually a well done reboot of Friday the 13th
I still think people would've loved rob zombie's halloween if it were the same thing but with jason instead
>muh mommy complex
>big lumbering 7 foot tall retard tearing people apart and living in the woods
>develops into an actual schizoid who thinks his mommy will reward him for murdering a bunch of people

>5 BAD because it doesn't have Jason..a-and....5 BAD!!!

4 is excruciating for the first 80% of its runtime but the climax is the best in the entire franchise.

They could have involved tommy more
Played more with the angle of Tommy being the killer

The real killer should have been more prominent before hand

Roy needed to be more screentime before. Be part of the house.
The kills are ok. But there's a lot of missed opportunity.
You needed to have Roy as a helpful kind person and Tommy as the red herring.

The movie is bad because at the end you don't even know or realize who the killer is

>Toy needed to be more screentime before. Be part of the house.
>But there's a lot of missed opportunity.
>You needed to have Roy as a helpful kind person
Same issue as Mrs voorhees

Yes, it was not bad. But nothing special.

Meanwhile, the remake (sequel?) of Halloween is really good. But I don't understand how. They didn't do anything new there. And yet it's incredibly cool.

Yes. But at least she left a legacy with Jason and she was talked about heavily in part 2. Her head makes a cameo

When Roy is revealed. Most people go. Who the fuck is that

But Halloween kills is absolute dog shit

The prologue kills were amazing and the most brutal Jason has ever been.
Unfortunately after the moviie actually starts it loses that edge

Attached: ref13 mike death.webm (1200x674, 2.94M)

The series is just dogshit, I like X and the reboot and hate the rest.

NO.

WHERE IS MY REMAKE YOU FUCK SICK UNPLEASANT PIG

Attached: Hellraiser-Pinhead-1-1987.jpg (750x1000, 208.61K)

For me its when Jason full sprints at the guy trapped in the bear trap and splits his skull open