Any Forums VP9 webm thread

Any Forums VP9 webm thread
4ch now accepts vp9

Attached: 1650457345705.webm (1712x720, 2.94M)

I can't open it nigger

>20 000 000 years later
>still no sound

Attached: m04.jpg (620x874, 530.69K)

Woah amazing you can really tell the difference

>phoneposter

Attached: 1641702101526.png (1000x1000, 41.89K)

Use the external sound script.

Attached: The Simpsons S06E20 [sound=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.catbox.moe%2F4kfste.ogg].webm (640x480, 2.98M)

this looks blurred to hell or is it just the movie?

is there a guide to making webms? webms for retards always looks like shit

hopefully this will usher in a whole new flood of 1 second long webms faggots

>VP9
What is that and why should I care?

>another way to make it harder for phoneposting subhumans to enjoy Any Forums
based
we need more of these

i use xmedia recode and it kinda gets stuck at some point while encoding
this still vp8 btw

Attached: cyberpunk2003.webm (1920x796, 2.96M)

Use ffmpeg.
>this still vp8 btw
I can tell by the artifacts.

>webms for retards
There's an updated fork called webms for lazys. But anyway, switch to Variable mode, enable high quality mode, then set CRF as low as you can go while being as close to, but not over 3072KB (it'll take a couple encodes to find the perfect CRF value).
Related is VP8 doing the above.

Attached: Our.Planet.2019.S01E01.PROPER.1080p.WEB.X264-METCON bees.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

some fag was trying to say that ffmpeg does better with constant instead of variable
which sounds like bullshit

but constant is better than variable

but does it allow new exploits or fun?

enjoy your fast-moving scenes looking like blurry pixelated messes
hey at least the two characters standing still with the static background will look better

thanks, fren

It's a movie from 1999 yes the source is blurred a bit, it's 1999 rendering

why the fuck is 1.0 still the best fucking version
I can just adjust the bitrate myself and get the best possible outcome instead of fidgeting 50 obscure variables against each other
this is why I stick to it

Attached: untitled.png (1083x475, 57.9K)

constant should never be used
constrained quality factor like -crf is ok if you want to batch convert shit
2pass with universal quality control like -minrate -max-rate -qmin -qmax is the patrician way

Does this one open?

Attached: 1651032755158.webm (1712x720, 2.96M)

Of course that's bullshit. Making simple frames low bitrate allows complex frames to be higher bitrate for the same overall filesize, which will obviously make it look better.
Also people should just never be recommending base ffmpeg for this as it doesn't add the title metadata by default, which ''webm for' does. Telling people to use ffmpeg is just telling people not to include source.

>Does this one open?
nope

>its the best because it doesn't let me do anything to improve video quality!

-metadata title=""

I remove it on purpose. Get your metadata mining from somewhere else

If this one doesn't open either you have a faulty device in case it's new... probably normal if it's old cpu.
Although you should be able to software decode them somehow.

>by default
If it's not there by default no one is going to do it.

there's no excuse to be retarded, on Any Forums we have words, picutes and webms - NO EXCUSE
if you use a software that circumvents retardation then you're not that retarded but if you decide to use ffmpeg and go with the default then you're retarded
am I clear?

I literally set the quality myself
if I set a bitrate way higher than needed, it lowers automatically to what's needed
and if the result is too big, I just lower it progressively
it's so simple, I don't fucking understand why all the newer versions are such complicated garbage

>I literally set the quality myself
no you set the bitrate yourself

Attached: vp9 celebration.webm (576x1024, 2.84M)

Attached: 1551343238430.jpg (256x256, 64.92K)

Is there an updated version of this?

Attached: 1639032918831.png (1446x1165, 128.14K)

>there's no excuse to be retarded
Yet the vast majority of people, specially on here, are.
The point is that by recommending ffmpeg to other people you aren't going to easily be able to see the source of webms they post. Even if using ffmpeg is better for you, other people using webm for retards is better for you.

Not my problem.
There are dozens retard proof infographics.

You'll notice that those people who are as retarded as you say never post anything of value and tend to be underage tourists or permanent trolls.

I see that you've randomly mentioned webmforetards and insinuated that I fought against it.
I'm ok if people use it that's how my journey started, it's merely a wrapper for ffmpeg and avisynth which are amazing tools, albeit outdated versions inside webmforretards.

I think you're confusing me with someone else but my other replies to you should've signaled that I'm not against webmforretards.

I specifically said if you can use a tool to circumvent "retardation" then you're not retarded.

test

Attached: tylqU0xXYV).webm (364x754, 1.06M)