Orville latest episode

Orville just truly tipped over into full-on real Star Trek quality for me.

Grimes is fucking awesome. The actor himself is such a charismatic son-of-a-bitch it's unreal, and he's a genuinely talented actor. He really plays that like a legit ten year older version of the same character so it's striking when he reverts back to the younger one.

They could have ended that episode on the family photograph and I would have been happy to assume they went back, got the younger Malloy, and hit the reset button for the next episode. They could have easily set it up that way if they wanted.

Could have done without the lesbian crap even being mentioned, so there was zero 'muh CURRENT YEAR' shit for at least one episode. But it's character interaction and development at least - with a good logical reason for her and Isaac to be working together.

Good job with the time dilation shit, legit science crap that seemed well understood, but I thought the two-way trip was unnecessarily drawn out and undercut the drama a bit. Not too bad, but if you're in a starship what the big deal if you travel to a star twice as far away in one hit, then travel back with the field on as normal?

Great use of shit from previous episodes. Perfectly logical and believable. Cellphone, time device, holographic disguise, Isaac as human.

No future sandwich suddenly popping out of nowhere for the punchline/payoff? Sorbo DISAPPOINTED! Seems odd after they set it up, but maybe cut for seriousness of episode, or will literally 'pop up' in a future more comical episode.

Effects and visuals look great. Shows you what official Star Trek could have been, how there's still a demand for this kind of thing, and new directions you go, (also first time Orville felt truly original and not just a wholly derivative plot/theme).

Attached: latest.png (720x1008, 495.84K)

Seth Mcfarlanes plugs look so much worse when he's in the "past".

When you see an episode like this week's that is just amazing it's hard to understand how complete shit like last week's episode was made by the same team.

stopped watching this midway through season 2 because waifu left and her dyke replacement is ugly and insufferable

Her replacement is a better actress. She desperately needs some backstory though. There's no reason to care about her because you don't know anything about her.

I didn't like how Gordon, in the end, was more stunned by how selfish his +10 year variant was than by the fact that he pursued a happy life.

I was disappointed by how it was just... brushed away. I'd personally be devastated if I found out that the future where I was content and happy was taken away by people who deemed that pursuit of happiness too selfish.

It was just so fucked up that they brought the security officer to his home and planned to kidnap him in front of his family. How they told him it would've been better if he executed himself. And no lingering repercussions left to strain their relationships.

I enjoyed everything except the last few minutes.

yea I'm not reading your book report but you're obviously gay for the ginger guy and you should tell your father

I’m about to watch this episode so I didn’t read your post OP, but thanks for reminding me. I love this show and Gordon is my favorite character.

it's one of those things where i hate the face. like chalemet

I think if that happened in reality, you'd have no concept of your future self and would actually judge them harshly.

Also if you take into account they almost fucked up the timeline before with Kelly's younger self and that had literal galactic consequences, there's no reason they shouldn't be taking the situation as seriously as they are - especially Ed, and even more so Kelly who would have some inkling of what that shit is like. Also remember how harsh each version of herself was on the other.

>Orville just truly tipped over into full-on real Star Trek quality for me.
You orshills say this after every episode. Maybe don't be so obvious next time.

Attached: cuck.jpg (1772x1884, 301.57K)

I thought they did as good a job as possible trying to bring new actress/character in. But lost Picardo and all the backstory with other chick up to that point which was fucked.

Anyone else notice how fucking skeletal that new blond ensign looked in that casual outfit at the party? Between her and palicki you'll never be short of sticks to rub together if you ever need a fire.

I can understand the crew's fear of messing with the timeline. I'm not saying they're in the complete wrong.

I just didn't want Gordon to say "You did the right thing." I wanted him to contemplate on the life that was lost and wonder what +10 Gordon went through. Feel at least some internal conflict about whether he's a weak person for breaking the law, or if he'll ever be as happy as his variant was.

I just wanted some lingering tension.

its been an amazing season so far.

Mike blown the fuck out.
Star trek fans blown the fuck out.
Trannies blown the fuck out.

A problem the don't have on nuTrek no doubt. Haven't watched it of course, but I assume that redhead is in a transparent aluminum tank communicating directly with the probe from Star Trek IV by now.

she looks simultaneously 25 and 50

This season has been so great. It will be such a tragedy that this is the last season. They are going out as a legend.

that's rob lowe tho

star trek

yes she confuses my penis from scene to scene. Kind of like that fox-faced chick from severence.

The only problem with that is we saw how Kelly's actions had a huge impact on the future. Gordon's actions let them read an obituary that wasn't there which clearly didn't have anything of interest. So when they say "you might give birth to warlord" it's complete bull shit because they know that doesn't happen. Their complete absoluteness to the situation makes me dislike the characters. If they just went back that's one thing but when they're getting ready to kidnap a broken Gordon, who made a family, in front of that family, just so they can put him up as basically a war criminal? Then saying to his face they're going to kill the current version of him and his family? That's some really cold shit and comes off as uncharacteristic of Ed especially when it's supposed to be his life long best friend.

I at least can agree with this. Ed at least should have come across a lot more sympathetic for depriving his best mate of happiness.

And if I found out I was happily married to Boxxy in an alternate timeline, I don't think I could just brush that off or ever quite get over knowing it.

But since there's some potential for it to be brought up again in a later episode, maybe it's okay to leave it at that for now.

Do I have to start from the beginning of the series or can I hop into latest season?