Deception/Self-deception in Nolan films

Is it O.K to lie to yourself to be happy Any Forums? Is the truth not good enough?

Attached: mosaic309a4aea5e49c3d01800635ebdec5b2299acfe63.jpg (615x615, 86.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/90m6Hb6_j20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump.

Jesus loves u user

Thanks, user. Have a good day.

God isn't real.

there's no comfort in the truth

Trips of truth. We all lie to ourselves in some way to keep ourselves sane.

Good thread user. The distinction seems to be that the world runs on a thin layer of falsehood and convenient fiction, which his protagonists become aware of in the process of their adventure. Being redpilled doesn't give them power to change the world, so the truth is a burden, a scar received on their journey, and yet it's that which the rank and file do not possess. It's part of the masculinity of Nolan characters that they carry heavy secrets. This plays out more or less explicitly in Inception, where Cobb delves too deeply into philosophical truth and losses his wife, then tries to repress everything so it doesn't happen again.

My understanding is that Nolan protagonists believe that they're operating on facts and logic. Think Leonard for example, he believes his lack of memory isn't even a huge disadvantage because he relies on documentation and photographs which are more reliable unlike our memory which is open to interpretation. But throughout the course of their journey they realise that they either don't know or it's impossible to know the whole truth and their insistence that they're being logical hides deeper scars and trauma. Their arc is basically them learning to take a leap of faith.

>comfort
For what purpose?

Living in a fantasy. People like this end up cutting their dicks and pretend they are woman.

Troons aren't the only ones believing in half-truths and lies. You most definitely do it yourself.

You need comfort to recuperate your strength for the battles ahead.

this, pain is all you'll find
AND I'M NEVER GONNA DANCE AGAIN, GUILTY FEET HAVE GOT NO RHYTHM

Nice projection. How's HRT going for you?

Leonard knows the truth, it's just not a pleasant truth so he chooses to ignore it. He abandons truth the instant it runs counter to his chosen course, or to put it kindly, he learns that he must sublimate truth to continue living with purpose. Dormer in Insomnia is a similar character who always puts the task at hand over the truth, though it be a sin no good man can bear forever.

interesting you bring up trannies. You could say they're comforted by untruth, but I think it's the opposite. They're tormented by what they believe is the truth. Ontologically, our society believes that experience is paramount. So much so, that feeling is the most sacred thing. There is no doubt that trannies truly feel like they should be women, and our society tells them to follow that truth. but there's a problem...

It's not projection. It's the simple fact no one can know all facts.

>There is no doubt that trannies truly feel like they should be women, and our society tells them to follow that truth
Not exactly on topic but the issue with troons is that dipshit progressives have convinced them that transition is the only cure. A neuroscience dude that I talked to once told me that there are a variety of treatments available for body dysmorphia that doesn't involve cutting your dick off.

O.K it's nice that this topic has been brought up. I know we generally don't discuss YouTubers but how close is this guy in his interpretation of subjective truth in Nolan films?

youtu.be/90m6Hb6_j20

Someone chasing a feeling doesn't want to be cured. They don't believe in a cure. The essence of transhumanism is devaluation of the body, desecration of that which is you, but not the innermost you. To the transhumanist, a body is a series of material conditions imposed upon you by the world. It's something to be free of. The generative role of the body in defining "you" is not acknowledged because attributing any aspect of the sacred self to external factors is, to them, dehumanizing. The only real you is the one you can control.

It's characteristic of a world unsure of its future, without clear tasks people become melancholy and existential. It's also a companion to technology, which provides psychologically satisfying fantasies far beyond the potential of our real lives. For many, the "crude matter" isn't enough anymore, and is a symbol of unhappy times. Of course, this can only lead to sickly, self-hating and self-harming bodies, and the mind rots within. They must learn the old wives' tale that a healthy body and sense of self comes before all success.

Attached: 1609908724989.jpg (1024x556, 112.7K)

>It's also a companion to technology, which provides psychologically satisfying fantasies far beyond the potential of our real lives.
Grim. Sometimes I wonder If I'm deluding myself when it comes how much money I can earn or what kind of women I can land. I realise a lot of these desires are made possible because of what I see in media. I wonder if in past times I would've been satisfied with less.

It is what it is. We've become giants using these methods, we stand astride the sea. We reach for the moon. A model in Italy can be the girl next door. but there's no question our bodies suffer trying to achieve these power levels, and the mind's elasticity has a limit.

>

Attached: The_Giant.jpg (1200x1454, 608.3K)