HEAT

You know, this movie really isn't that good. There are a handful of good scenes, but the plot is really lame and disjointed, the stupid "drop anything in 30 seconds" line is awkward, and most of the acting with the exception of Val Kilmer is pretty terrible.

Seriously, Al Pacino just yells and overacts the whole time and Robert De Niro acts like he's somewhere on the spectrum. I will give it that the bank shootout is a great scene and deserves the praise. It very clearly conveys that the protagonists are not some sort of noble crooks with a code, but just hardened professional criminals. It's all for nothing in the end, because the movie just drags on and on instead of finding a way to wrap up.

Attached: heat(1995).jpg (1000x1500, 153.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DKX-2pa-UE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you will never be white

agreed. robert deniro is shit. the romance subplot is gay.
michael mann just wanted to make a gun shootout bank robbery movie and hamfisted everything else.

>michael mann just wanted to make a gun shootout bank robbery movie and hamfisted everything else.
No joke, but I guess the studio told him he had to put all these other elements to make it palatable... to someone.

My advice for anyone thinking to watch this is to watch the first 15 minutes, then watch the scene where they try to exchange the bonds, then watch the bank shootout. If you want a laugh, then find someone that's compiled Al Pacino screaming and yelling about "BIG ASSES!" and "YOU CAN FUCK MY WIFE, BUT DON'T YOU WATCH MY TELEVISION SET!"

>Look at me, I'm being contraion on Any Forums
You know you can just admit you're a pussy bitch who got filtered

How did Natalie Portman get into Al Pacino's hotel?

>I'm such a patrician for wasting 3 hours watching stupid forced romance and relationship plots to get 25 minutes of good action scenes.

THIS MOVE IS NEARLY 3 HOURS LONG AND SUCKS DICK FOR 80% OF IT!

I agree fully. The bank heist is bar none the best shootout in a movie but overall the movie is too long and drags at times.

The movie thinks is cooler that it actually is.

but the cool shootout scene

Has anyone read the sequel & prequel novel Heat 2?

Agreed. I imagined when they were coming up with the ending showdown that they thought it was so cool.
>Yeah! It'll be like a samurai showdown!
I'll give Mann credit for at least being stylish with the lighting, but de Niro and Pacino are so fucking bad that it just comes out like shit.

Shut up u little bitch

Do you think it could be edited down into a better film?

Maybe skip Hanna's family stuff, leave the Black guy out etc.

We could have done without Val Kilmer's family shenanigans too. That scene where he goes back to meet his girlfriend and then gets back in the car when he realises she's with the feds is fucking ridiculous lol.

I just... don't think you get it brah

Looks like you're the contrarian :^)

i had zero interest in this on amazon prime at home. zero couldn't make it past the opening.
but in the theater it was completely engrossing had my attention 100%

Are we finally going to agree that Collateral is better?

id never leave prime ashley juddd even. if she was a fed

op has a point - but the ending was really about deniro and pacino in a scene together which was a big deal at the time as people didnt realize they had become shit yet

once upon a time.....
youtube.com/watch?v=0DKX-2pa-UE

A handful of good scenes is what makes a good movie though.
Anything more and it's a great movie.

When I watched it I thought maybe I watched some sort of extended version, but nope. It was what they literally fucking released. It absolutely could have been shortened down into something that sucked way less, but it still would never be a great movie. Just better. De Niro and Pacino are so shit that there's just no really redeeming it.

I don't think MM ever gets out of the mindset of making long form TV series, he just shoots the same amount of footage as half a season of a show and edits it down to movie length. Thief seems like its cut tighter though.

Attached: Thief1982JP.jpg (2893x4096, 2.9M)

Of course it could have been edited down. It should be a tight action movie. It has no business being 2 hours and 50 minutes long.

Attached: pie.webm (1280x533, 2.14M)

ITT: ADHD zoomers getting filtered by pure kino