Take Jaws as an example. It’s shit, was always shit, but critics fawned over it and it made a ton of money...

>Take Jaws as an example. It’s shit, was always shit, but critics fawned over it and it made a ton of money. The first five minutes are great and then it gets worse and worse and ends with the shark exploding. It’s a cartoon. It’s not suspenseful or a thriller. It’s not horror. I think audiences see that now. It’s the reverse of my career. The Thing and The Fog, both hated by critics but now considered to be classics of the genre. Jaws is the opposite. In a hundred years all people will remember is the theme, if that.

I love when old men get bitter and say things they’d never say when they needed their careers.

Attached: BDA00C16-4AF2-478B-BA44-73A27DBD98FC.jpg (480x639, 32.08K)

t. Crypt-Keeper

Based Carpenter putting (((spielberg))) in his place

The last good thing this nigga did was Cigarette Burns nearly 20 years ago.

Lol JC shitting on SpeelBurg is the best

He's always been refreshingly candid. There are interviews on yt w him harshly criticizing Close Encounters and even some of John Ford's techniques. Nowadays directors don't criticize each other and most of them suck

Kinda true actually
Jaws is one of Spielberg's most mediocre movies

Attached: Screenshot_20220707-050956_Gallery.jpg (720x1600, 415.37K)

lol neither of those movies are on the level of jaws

I read Jews and was confused but eventually made sense of it

all spielberg movies are mediocre, thats his thing

I love JC but who the fuck considers the fog to be a horror classic?

>It’s shit, was always shit
absolutely correct

No classic but definitely a spooky throwback to old ghost stories. Better than most recent horror films. Has great atmosphere.

For sure, it just seemed like a weird choice when he could’ve picked Halloween or ITMOM instead. Plus I just looked it up and The Fog was one of his more successful films when it released so saying it was hated isn’t really true.

If somebody said this on Any Forums you fags would be calling them a contrarian. I agree with him but Carpenter dickriders are just as bad as spielbergshitters. Nobody will give a fuck about the thing or the fog in 100 years either and he’s a pompous bitch to insinuate otherwise.

>washed up hack desperately seeks attention

I think Jaws still holds up, but it has absolutely lost cultural relevance and impact where as Carpenter's movies have exploded in popularity with time.

When was the last time this nigger actually made a good film? ITMOM?
Retired with a string of awful films on his resume. Fuck him. Spielberg continues to make (some) good movies.

>bro it was actually shit the whole time
And who's this faggot?

>it just seemed like a weird choice

No, it makes perfect sense. The Fog is something nobody cared about for years but now people are appreciating it more and more. Halloween was always popular so it wouldn't make sense to use that.

I just like his movies, user. Calm down, I agree with you anyway.

Carpenter is the most based director from the manchild era. At the very least he's the most self aware

Look, we all know Carpenter hasn't made good films since the 90s. But could you stop sucking Spielberg's dick? He doesn't direct himself by the way. It's all his team of intern-slaves.

He's not just a filmmaker. Triple threat. Wrote and composed scores too.

except duel

A Jew has a conflict with a Carpenter? This seems familiar.