What a strange movie

what a strange movie.

Attached: downsizing.jpg (1953x2889, 846.41K)

Matt Damon makes my dick feel funny.

>In a 2018 interview with Ronan Farrow, actress Rose McGowan accused a "prominent” man in Hollywood of statutory rape but she did not name the person in question.[109] In August 2020, McGowan said it was Payne and that he committed the act sometime in 1988 or 1989, when McGowan was 15 years old and Payne was about 28 years old.[110] Payne responded to McGowan's allegation by writing a guest column in Deadline Hollywood in which he admitted to a consensual relationship with her, but denied any impropriety, alleging that they had met in 1991 when she was over the age of consent, which is 18 in California. Payne ended his statement writing, "While I cannot allow false statements about events 29 years ago to go uncorrected, I will continue to wish only the best for Rose

i thought this movie would be interesting but it was literally just white guilt pro immigrant movie with absolutely nothing novel about the science fiction theme the movie was based on

Don't forget the eco-hysteria!
>In a Norwegian fjord, Dr. Asbjørnsen and his wife board the boat piloted by Dušan's friend Joris Konrad. Dr. Asbjørnsen announces it has just been determined conclusively that, due to the positive feedback of Arctic methane emissions,[b] the human race will soon become extinct. Paul asks if downsizing can save humanity, but Dr. Asbjørnsen says the procedure came too late, as only three percent of the world has so far chosen to downsize. That night, Paul and Ngoc Lan make love.

A 28 year old banging a 15-16 year old in the late '80s was pretty common. What cunt for bringing it up.

Bad ending. He got permanently downsized for nothing.

Yeah Finding Schmidt and Nebraska were better. Slice of Life without scifi

Fuck the refugee and climate change messaging

eco hysteria / global warming IS white guilt phenomenom meant to prevent whites from wanting to build industries in their nation or have kids.
no where else on the planet are they propagandized like that, but yeah.

It's almost as if half way through filming they completely changed the director and writing team

I think the "filtered" meme is just that, a meme, but this movie legit filtered a lot of people. Yeah, it has the talking points about environmentalism and immigration but it's a lot more lighthearted and deft than people give it credit for. I don't blame people though, even Matt Damon's character barely gets it by the end.

Attached: 1525263001169.jpg (494x622, 29.74K)

so is it worth watching the first 50 mins?

Yup, like most movies that are a bit 'different', it starts with a good idea and then loses track completely

Yeah, from memory I enjoyed the premise and the opening half an hour, what would life be like if we could actually shrink down to a few centimetres tall. Then suddenly Matt Damon is carrying round a Chinese woman on his back?

It felt like it was written by Charlie Kaufman after a traumatic brain injury

This movie is the perfect example of a good idea executed poorly

Just make a fucking comedy film about the practicalities of being a few inches tall. Was it really that hard?

I'm actually kinda surprised no one took the pretty much universal reaction to this film to see that's a market for a non-family comedy about shrinking.

>no giantess scenes
>weird political message
le skip

>Be shrunk down to 5 inches tall
>Can still jump as high as I could when I was normal height
>Can lift weights vastly higher than what my size would seem possible of lifting due to muscle design
>Die of starvation as I'm unable to consume enough calories or nutrients to sustain myself due to the size of stomach and digestive system
Damn...well it was a good few hours lads.

They tried to combine heart warming slice of life and scifi
But when people see scifi they expect actions. Giant ants.

They are on the other hand too wealthy to make a heart warming slice of life. Travel anywhere at whim. The spirit is totally lost.

Attached: G, G, G, G Unit.jpg (1508x2010, 309.5K)

Could you even breathe normal air molecules with downsized lungs?
you'd probably suffocate in minutes

Good point, you wouldn't have the lung capacity to draw oxygen from the air, nor would your cardiovascular system be able to deal with the strain as your heart just doesn't beat fast enough.