I work in a restaurant kitchen and there are tons of little details that made me love this show...

I work in a restaurant kitchen and there are tons of little details that made me love this show. The main character is a toxic asshole and the kitchen is a complete mess (I would have fired half the staff day one), but man they really nailed the frantic pace of restaurant work.

Attached: the-bear-fx-trailer.jpg (1220x700, 53.79K)

>work in a restaurant kitchen
why
there are many better jobs out there nigga

>why
Because I'm an alcoholic adrenaline junkie, and I don't want to join the Marines.

and you get this adrenaline by *checks notes* .. cooking food?

Yes, actually. I take it you've never worked in a busy restaurant

Why are there two threads about this show?

Imagine going through life without the rush of screaming TWELVE ALL DAY HEARD and knowing your shit is getting absolutely pushed in

I'm perfectly okay with that, there's only so much cope to go around, sounds like you need as much as you can get.

sounds like a very exciting and fulfilling life

I enjoy it, man. Working with cool flavors and ingredients is fun for me.

if you're working with the right people, crushing it in a busy kitchen is great. working with shitty people or for shitty people is absolutely soul-destroying, though. Also if you're a good cook make sure you get what you're worth. $20 an hour at least these days

>if you're working with the right people, crushing it in a busy kitchen is great.
Very true. We have a good crew right now.

With overtime I make like $27 on average. On top of a 3% food sales kickback. The owners of my restaurant are both James Beard winning chefs so they know how it can be in the kitchen.

It's a lifestyle

Attached: zb4tpzj8apw31.png (1124x1088, 143.04K)

How often do restaurants mess with people's food?

Literally almost never. 8 years in the industry and I have seen it happen once and it was a kitchen guy who just dropped a customers bread on the floor before playing it because the guy was an actual full on abuser of a person we knew personally.

Nobody is spitting on your food because they sent it back. They're yelling at the server at worst and then refiring.

Kitchens I've worked in? Fucking never. It's actually hard to digress heavily from the routine, it'll look very obvious to your chef and other cooks if you fucked with a guest's dish.

true, the answer is never. there's just not enough time and you'd be surprised how much even otherwise degenerate cooks care about the quality of the food, even if they're just making it good so they don't get any flak

As a real cooker do you like 'vark sauce?

How much is Hulu paying you to endlessly shill this. No one wants to watch a show about niggers learning to cook something other than fried chicken.

Attached: 99040280-E109-4B40-91B3-8A00E5ECDA88-768x1152.jpg (768x1152, 92.29K)

it's better money than cranking out plate after plate of eggs benedict

When does the bear show up?

Alluded to multiple times this season

It's going to be the new restaurant next season

I hate how much it gets romanticized but even the shittiest cooks usually care about the food on some level.

Never, people who choose to work in a restaurant are usually pretty passionate about what they do because they are hundreds of other options that suck less

Pretty damn good show. I'm also a Chicagofag, so seeing the shots of trains and bridges I've rode on was pretty Tender.