How come Korea is becoming so much more culturally dominant in the world than Japan...

How come Korea is becoming so much more culturally dominant in the world than Japan? Every asiaboo I know loves Korean culture, food, fashion, m.usic and movies while only fat weebs and other social rejects have the same open love for Japanese culture. Everybody talks about when they're going to go to Korea now, despite the constant threats of war. Korea just seems so much cooler than Japan.

Is there a reasonable explanation for this?

Attached: MOKE_BTS_VOGUE Japa2972M_Q.jpg (1199x899, 170.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xnAICeBS63I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dysgenic whites got tired of Japanese racism and found a new best friend.

they wanna make men more feminine i guess so they want women to love kpop stars

No body care korea seriously except mentally ill person

I am willing to bet money that you are a Chinese exchange student

i love korean girls

Attached: gkasia084pl.jpg (800x538, 199.98K)

basically the us goverment wants us to be gay so they put kpop and soy everywhere lmao i swear it is a sterilization program

they are trying to make women like weak feminine men

The fat social rejects are the same people who jumped over from Japanese stuff.
No western normie is interested in Korean shit
Only Squid Game and Gangnam Style

Korean CIA

Japan is very conservative and doesn't care about appealing to gaijins at all
Most Jpop groups didn't even youtube pages until very recently, so there was no way for international fans to follow them
For example, Arashi has been one of the most iconic Jpop groups in Japan for over 20 years but they didn't get a youtube page until 2 years ago
Most people can't even name a Japanese show that isn't anime
South Korean companies are media savvy and all of their shit was on youtube and netflix so people outside of Korea could actually listen to Kpop and watch Kdramas, there was also an intentional effort by the government to spread their culture
South Korea is also basically an American invention and their culture is just ripped off American culture in so of course it will be popular when it's the same globohomo shit as Hollywood and American pop just with an Asian twist

Also, Japan's conservative and inward-focused culture is also why Japanese companies completely missed out on the smartphone market which took a while to catch on in Japan, while Samsung took over the non-Apple market
Basically, Korea surpassed Japan in the world because Japan doesn't care about the world, only Japan

The quality of anime went down.

the cope lmao
japan recently sent one of their boybands to fucking america's got talent just to get some global (especially america's) attention
not to mention their song title is literally "my dreamy hollywood"
name one kpop group being this desperate
youtu.be/xnAICeBS63I

Literally only women between 15 and 22 care about korea.
Japanese culture remain way more prestigious than korean one, and not I'm not talking about animuh or JAV.

damn kpop and anime will sterilize america before vaccines and soy does

Why do they like weak faggots? They have no soul, no stamina, and look more feminine than most European women.
This besides the face surgery done: no east asian have a narrow and long face.

japan is evergreen kino. let the gooks have their 10 seconds of fame.

*look like

Their looks were engineered for underage asian girls, not Spanish incels.

What cope? Japan got btfo by Korea which is why they had to change tactics
Like I said, most Jpop groups didn’t have even have youtube accounts until recently which basically meant Japanese pop music had zero presence outside of Japan
Kpop’s flashy choreography and high budget music videos also helped make them popular to people that don’t speak Korean
It got so bad that Korean agencies are now taking over Japan because Japanese agencies are so backwards and conservative, NiziU for example has multiple number 1 songs and albums in Japan and they’re a Kpop style Japanese group run by a Korean agency
BTS had the best selling album in Japan last year
You think I was making excuses for Japan? They disappeared from global pop culture (outside of anime) because their companies are run by old men who only care about Japan and don’t know how to appeal to the world

On the contrary, Japan has long cared about how the world perceived them. They've always been an export-focused country in terms of automobiles and electronics. But you're right that Korea played the PR game better.
Still, I see a decent amount of normies that still like Japan. Sushi and anime are big here. You could say that Japan dominates the visual media game, while Korea has the music market, and both share the foodie market.

Japanese culture is superior to Korean culture in every way. Korean culture is just American culture only with gay femboys instead of gay niggers.

>because their companies are run by old men
That's the same in Korea, though. The sex and age hierarchy is even stricter than in Japan there.
I think there's an enormous gap between that very small minority of fad-obsessed Koreans, who play into the manufactured cultural products pushed out by their media (the same which becomes popular in the West) and the vast majority of Korean people who remain conservative and much like the Japanese.
Some guy who went to Korea as an exchange student told me most guys there consider the Kpop idols like faggots or don't understand it.

Just look at the video showing foreign tourists flooding Busan beach. I bet the ordinary Korean has no idea why this happens. Must be quite strange for them.

I mean Japan does care about the world, they probably do more than anyone
It's not like they didn't make it because they didn't WANT it