For modern audiences, is it actually good, or just one of those old movies everybody knows you're supposed to like...

For modern audiences, is it actually good, or just one of those old movies everybody knows you're supposed to like, so everybody pretends to like it?

Attached: 41iEBq2z60L._AC__jpg.jpg (352x500, 116.33K)

>For modern audiences, is it actually good, or just one of those old movies everybody knows you're supposed to like, so everybody pretends to like it?

What are 5 examples of lauded classics that are and aren't 'actually good' ?

good movie if your attention span isnt rotted away yet

I enjoyed it
It's a fun movie and the sequel is very good too
Patton is still my favourite seventies film though

It is rumored that there is going to be a Godfather pinball machine from Jersey Jack soon. Eric Meunier's next design.

It is too long. The entire sequence with Hagen in LA has nothing to do with the rest of the film

It’s really good because modern audiences will be more surprised than old audiences while watching. The Friday The 13th effect, if you will.

> everybody knows you're supposed to like, so everybody pretends to like it?
No such thing, you either like or don’t like a movie no matter its age or reputation you fucking npc retard

Heat is a shoot out scene that's okay, mostly just loud, and then a whole movie where nothing really happens.

Pulp Fiction was just really boring, just people talking.

Silence of the Lambs was okay, not great, just sort of there. That's all I've done so far, I'm trying to work down a list. Godfather is really long, after Heat I'd rather not sit through some of these if they're known to be shitty.

Its a solid movie from start to end. Maybe there are a few slow parts (courting Apolonia), but most of the film is otherwise memorable.

What are some films you do like then?

MCU movies are all great, I also really like the classic animated Disney renaissance movies from the 90s like Mulan.

No, then people play that shit where literally anything you list is trash and blah blah blah, not bothering

I enjoy discussing the movie more than the movie itself now but Id put it up there in best movies ever made.
I really like the characters and the setting in Sicily.

fuck off sus ass faggot

The fuck is your problem, asshole?
Toothpick up your dickhole?

I really liked it, watched it again on the big screen for the 50th aniversary and dont regret it.
I think the godfather doesnt fall into the category you mention, cause its unironically a really great movie.

Who in their right mind pretends to like a movie, user? Do you? In whose benefit?

Unless it's ironically, for shitposting, like say, Morbius.

That's what I'm afraid of, these long ass movies are brutal.

I genuinely can't tell if this is trolling or not.

Attached: idontevenknowanymore.jpg (640x480, 54.72K)

I'm OP, that guy isn't me, so yeah it's trolling. I do like most of the MCU, though its getting too hard to follow all the continuity, but I don't care about the Disney live action version of cartoons.

it barely has any flaws. I can think of only one when Sonny beats up his sisters boyfriend. Just dreadful punches that get nowhere near connecting.

You need to start using a different movie for this thread, man. It's too predictable.

It is a pretty interessting movie to discuss. also yeah I think literally every single character from the first one is great, wasnt until seeing the 2nd one that I realized how much Sonny, Vito and almost every side character add to the movie

Luckily we still have Robert Duvall and John Cazale in the sequel, probably the two best actors in the series.

pulp fiction and silence of the lambs are not nearly on the level of The Godfather. If you don't like them at all you may just not be ready for films. stick to tv and stuff like that till you get a little older. There's no shame in it.

Not trolling
I clearly stated that I liked the animated films from the 90s, not the garbage remakes

Part II is still a great for Vito scenes but I do not want to watch Michael in II its all too sad and gets worse and worse

>Who in their right mind pretends to like a movie
Lots of people have films they think are 'good' by some kind of arbitrary objective standard, and then films that they actually enjoy as entertainment.

Personally I think your taste defines what movies you like or don't like and nothing else really matters in terms of what you should watch.

I don't particuraly like a lot of lauded classics, but i absolutely love many of them too, and literally enjoyed a lot of films many people consider 'boring', like Floating Weeds, or A Streetcar Named Desire, or The Conversation, for example, more than anything else, modern or no.

Also a lot of the reason why many old films are considered greats is that they were important for the filmmaking of the era, progressed something, or related to society in an interesting way. You might find some of those things anthropologically interesting, but they don't actually make a film objectively great. I don't think Citizen Kane for example is a great film. It's good.

Yeah theres that. Being fair tho this is basically a b movie with a shit budget from the 70s, so the fact that basically thats the only glaring technical error is nothing short of a miracle

Only thing I think could be cut are the scenes in Italy. I get why people like it, but looking back on the franchise Apolonia really isn't that important

Goodfellas >>> Godfather

Don’t (You) me.

>Don’t (You) me.
I wont. go make your own thread, idiot.

Apolonia is a cute and Michael's character doesn't make sense without her.

the real issue isn't Apolonia but that the arc of Michael turning into a full ruthless Don doesn't quite play as well as it should especially in the third film.

>lot's of people
but who? you're just railing against a non existent strawman.

It's good if you have a European brain

I’m not going to make a thread and there’s nothing you can do about it. Your impotent rage affects no one but yourself.

>170689197

Attached: step up nigga.jpg (500x652, 52.72K)

I agree with you alot to be honest. I feel like the second one could use alot more of the young Vito stuff considering that his story line was supposed to be the happy part of the movie and the michael stuff was the more depressing stuff. Cutting down the vito story so much made it feel a bit unbalanced

godfather 3 isn't canon.
I swear Al pacino has more lines in the first 5 minutes of godfather 3, than he does in the first two movies combined.

but you're right

Attached: 1655511835860.gif (112x112, 778.54K)

It insists upon itself.