Zoomers won

Attached: vgffffff.jpg (1439x1657, 1.09M)

Lightyear was a good movie, legit art that examines reality, our choices, their consequences, and moving forward. It has deep themes for children and adults. The fuck does this have?

I can tell you what it doesn't have. No globohomo fag and tranny shit.

/qa/ won

lightyear bros...

Banana

I wonder if steve carrel hates doing these movies

It has BANANA. Faggots can't understand, and never will

Attached: Lightyear BTFO.jpg (2048x2048, 306.13K)

>I wonder if an actor hates to be rewarded with lots of money for speaking into a mic for a few days

I'm shedding away all of my pretentiousness and enjoying more mainstream things. I think I'm going to watch all the Despicable Me movies and maybe Minions. I unironically liked both Boss Baby films and Bee Movie, so anything is possible.

>The fuck does this have?
An audience.

As if actors have never hated their roles but did them anyway for cash

There was an interview where he said he loves doing them. He did the first one to make his kids laugh, they were like 8 years old when he did the first one.

I think an important thing to remember when discussing movies and their box office numbers is that making a lot of money isn't indicative of the film's quality. We'd love for the best, highest quality films to be profitable, sure, but nostalgia, memes, and a fuckton of advertising are what get people into seats.

Let's compare. The Bad Guys, another animated film that came out this year, has made $244 million from mid March to now, making it the highest grossing animated film this year. It's a film that got barely any advertising and only survived thanks to strong word of mouth (it's a great film, go see it). Minions 2 will handily beat that number before the end of next weekend, and yet it might still be considered a flop by Universal if it doesn't pull at least $370 million to cover the insane marketing costs.

Also, to project the film will make $2 billion worldwide is insane. Films rarely, if ever, do better in subsequent weeks after their first, really only happening if it turns out to be a great movie that's worth seeing. Minions 2 is mediocre, and there's nothing the full length film can give you that you can't get from just watching the trailers. Not to mention meme backlash; the tweens crowding theaters to see it to get on some BS TikTok trend are making the film inaccessible to its core audience and has forced theaters to offer refunds, reduce showings, or have customers pay upfront for tickets instead of online.

ohnonono AHAHAHA

As for Lightyear, which I failed to mention. I can see why it underperformed/bombed. Poor marketing, confusion about its place in the Toy Story lore, gritty realistic look, very serious and confusing story, and early reviews calling it mid. I feel like other animation studios could've gotten away with it, but for this to come out of Pixar of all places was shocking. And for Disney to desperately try to piggypack goodwill on the half-second lesbian kiss that they themselves nearly had scrubbed from the movie (before employees got pissed and called them out) is just tasteless.

It's Banana time!

BANANA!!!!!

Attached: 1656867286657.png (900x900, 154.41K)

If I wanted to watch a movie about an ugly, disproportionate human-shaped being, I'd watch Shrek!

>Lightyear was a good movie, legit art that examines reality, our choices, their consequences, and moving forward
The film is literally
>Do I stay on the spacecraft as an egineer or do I befriend the token one dimensional minorities?
>Also that title character you came to see whose original voice actor was conservative and White is now a fucking pathetic incompetent idiot who needs to be saved by the new black lesbian character and we did this out of spite for Tim Allen and to demoralize straight white males
Eat my ass.

This is disengenious and you know it, you're just upset a man can't do everything by himself