What exactly is the appeal of horror movies? Why do people enjoy watching others suffer?

What exactly is the appeal of horror movies? Why do people enjoy watching others suffer?

Attached: 1655959003750.jpg (1280x536, 185.29K)

It’s funny

Attached: JasonMachete.jpg (840x480, 76.55K)

It's the most formulaic, predictable and schocky genre, only good if you watch it with friends for the laffing

people like suspense

Horror movies are for cucks and women. The premise is inherently submissive which is why women like it. Death and sex both involve submission which is why women moan during both. That's why the French call orgasm le petit mort. I understood this when i was 7 and got boners whenever women (or even men) died in movies. That's why women like horror, the idea of being powerless turns them on. A man who enjoys these movies is basically a cuck. A man stands up to threats with a 12 guage shotgun and blows it's brains out. That's why women loved the George Floyd riots, they were fantasizing about being raped by blacks who had killed their husbands. They love horror movies like The Purge for this reason. That's why millions of white women went out to risk their lives to simp for BBC. The idea of dying for BBC gives them a rush. Death is the ultimate submission. My friend loves Jason and she told me all about her fantasies of him raping and killing her. Horror movies are literally the embodiment of female submissive sexuality. If you enjoy them as a man, get help.

i don't know. they're not scary and are just boring.

Attached: animated girl in a dungeon.webm (1920x1080, 2.94M)

Holy projection

>If you like horror movies you must be a sociopath!!

It's literally the opposite. Suspense is derived from us relating to characters and wanting to see them escape situations that would end badly for them, an actual psychopath would be bored af

The release of tension can be highly cathartic. This release requires a significant buildup of tension, created by a sense of fear/concern for the characters’ wellbeing.
Or, in the case of teen slashers that are filled with a bunch of idiot protagonists, it’s just funny to them get picked off one by due to their own stupidity. Which, yeah, is a little sick but what’re ya gonna do?

>posted on a board worshipping capeshit, fagshit and literal kid movies

Attached: Wes Craven.jpg (640x360, 22.9K)

I don't get it either, they just make me sad and angry because no matter how much they build up a detestable character I feel like no one deserves to be killed/tortured/broken like that

Because faggots like you need to culled

I hate cunts and love seeing them killed

Horror movies have one thing that a lot of other movie genres don't. Stakes. Its not unusual for everyone in a horror movie to die, or have at least one person make it out and be mentally scarred for the rest of their life. Too often other genres are safe. You know the heroes are going to win. You know good will triumph over evil. Its boring as fuck. But with horror movies everyone is fair game. Nothing is assured.

Attached: horror.jpg (720x693, 64.42K)

This 100%. I can't stand horror because it's literally like being cucked by a movie, you have to just sit there and watch bad shit happen. Only thing you can do is imagine a better movie where the MC pimp slaps all the cringe lord monsters instead of cowering like a faggot.

Holy shit go touch grass you retarded shut in.

Imagine being so much of a faggot that you think a movie is cucking you. May as well go out and get it done already you weak bitch.

>I don't like being cucked
>"well that basically makes you a cuck!!!"
Keep watching other men fuck your crush, on screen and off

>Watches horror movie
>Identifies with the women getting raped
>Thinks this is someone else's fault

What did user mean by this?

This lol

Except nobody except the person you selectively responded to was talking about cucking, and why he brought it up is beyond me. It's like going into a LOTR thread just to post about how much you hate faggots, like that level of being on your mind rent-free might be kinda indicative of something greater

based

sauce