Dude just quietly take abuse from an old man instead of standing up for yourself

>dude just quietly take abuse from an old man instead of standing up for yourself

Attached: Whiplash.jpg (1280x720, 116.37K)

>not quite my tempo, but it's good, it's all good, no problem
>*immediately proceeds to throw the mother of all tantrums*
"Professional" musician

I've studied music at that level and it's absolutely not like this at all. It's pure fiction.

> I'm shitposting before I finished the movie: the post

>is that... AN OLD MAN YELLING AND THROWING CHAIRS?!
>AHHHH I NEED TO ATTEND THAT SCHOOL SO HECKIN' BAD
>I'M COMING AND SHITTING AND PISSING AND ATTENDING AHHHHH

>Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Nirvana. I was schooled in Jazz. I was given the title of Percussionist. They take a movie “Whiplash.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been in a band. He doesn’t sing. He has never shed wood. They make him The Whiplash. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

Attached: Dave.jpg (1200x1200, 128.05K)

He just wanted to be the best, the best, the best, the best.

>abusing young adults
>for a big band competition
what a loser, the other band directors probably laughed at him behind his back for being an insecure psycho

I don't understand what he is trying to convey here, does he compare himself to the drummer in whiplash or what?

jazz drumming is so easy
dude cymbals lol

You must be new on Any Forums, welcome.

abuse is necessary to go down in the history books
you would've gone back to daddy like the coddled like millennial/zoomer faggot you are and live the rest of your days a nobody mediocrity

>AAAAAAA SUCCESS IS ONLY ACHIEVED BY HATING YOUR FIELD OF PASSION AND SCREAMING LOUDER THAN ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE AROUND YOU, JUST HIT THOSE DRUMS BETTER YOU FUCKING PUSSY, OH MY GOD I'M GONNA AAACHIIIEEEVEEEEE!
This is actually how midwidts think successful people achieve success

I've studied music at that level and it's absolutely like this. It's pure reality.

I had a high school band teacher who was like this (minus the physical violence). Turns out he got fired years later for diddling a few of his girl students

The only abuse that will get you in the history books will be when the kids come forward nonce.

this film is a great litmus test for fucking mediocre losers and talented chads who give a fuck
fletcher did nothing wrong, he demanded excellence as was capable of it himself, so either get good or fuck off

Could not get into this movie. Hes a band teacher in a high school, fuckin guy thinks hes Steve Jobs

>Hes a band teacher in a high school
he's a college professor at a highly prestigious music school
put down the phone next time bucko

A conservatory like that I believe is actually more like college, it's after high school.

Gold

It's amost as if Whiplash is a fictional movie designed for entertainment purposes.

It's almost as if Reddit is more than one person with diverse opinions and not a hivemind. /s