/stg/ Stranger Things General

Netflix give the Duffer Brothers a Studio edition
Previous:

Attached: Upside-Down-Pictures-Logo.jpg (681x383, 126.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2022/07/stranger-things-duffer-brothers-netflix-upside-down-pictures-deal-spinoff-series-stephen-daldry-stage-play-manga-death-note-the-talisman-1235058665/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Vecna who is the GOAT villain

Attached: StrangerThingsVecnaMakeup.jpg (999x1000, 169.88K)

Article Link
deadline.com/2022/07/stranger-things-duffer-brothers-netflix-upside-down-pictures-deal-spinoff-series-stephen-daldry-stage-play-manga-death-note-the-talisman-1235058665/

Very disappointed to see that in the last thread people did not like the Hopper the Barbarian sword battle with the Demagorgon. That schlock practically saved the entire Russia plotline and made it worth it.

murray saved the russian plotline

Murray carried it but it still wasn't worth writing it into the season until Hopper's sword battle.

i was disappointed with vol 2, seemed a bit rushed and all over the place
for example, that shit with max, firstly seemed like vecna was very courteous to wait for so long between putting his hand to maxs face and initiating the twisting death, seemed like fucking ages passed while 11 was building up to just yet again extend a crooked arm and scream until something else explodes
then the scene after confused me, 11 was with max and lucas (mentally) and saw max die, then tried to do something to save her, we cut to the 2 days later screen and 11 goes to the hospitol to see max but seems to act like she has no idea how fucked up max is, will and mike seem out of the loop as well despite it being two days since everything happened, did 11 not tell mike and will what happened?
also the entirety of this half vecna felt entirely nonthreatening and looked kind of stupid

Will the Duffers cast from the same pool of talent as Stranger Things for future projects?

Attached: Death_Note_cast_6838.png (305x229, 97.47K)

I liked because it was dumb, hut if you're gonna be dumb fun, commit.
Instead of some gray gulag, make it so that ending is the whole prison so Hopper is stuck in an experimental Soviet gladiatorial combat arena the whole arena, so he's killing all the non Russians ethnics like Ukrainians, Belarusians, tartars and whatnot until he almost reaching the final boss that is a Demogorgon souped up on steroids.
>"How can he beat him then?"
You ask like a faggot, interrupting my pitch.
The Conan sword is implied to be magical. Some old russian prisoner will tell Hopper how it was forged from a meteor or some interdimensional metal or some shit

Vecna was a bad villain since his introduction.
We went from essentially a terrifyingly clever animal that worked like a slasher with the Demogorgon, to an genuinely unnerving alien assimilator with the Mind flayer to second rate Freddie Kruger

>not liking the Hopper the Barbarian sword battle
those where low test trannies m8

the conan sword could just be the conan sword. ancient blade forged with forgotten techniques and materials, lost for millennia

>the conan sword could just be the conan sword
Is Howard's estate public domain yet?

I don't know, I thought it hit just right in terms of how over the top it was and the overall tone. What you're describing sounds fun but it does extend a bit too far I think. The scene as it is was short and sweet and it's just believable enough to not feel so absolutely out of place that it's jarring.

I think it veered off to fast for it to be effective. I was half expecting There Goes My Hero to start playing.
You gotta build towards these things, even if they wouldn't do something as ridiculous as I said, they could've at least introduced the gladiatorial combat early

i think so

>the old forced gladiator killing his way to the top meme
>prison is actually a gladiator arena run by the highly corrupt cards
comfy. the whole russian storyline should have just been hopper killing the other gladiator prisoners and then taking up the sword and fighting and killing the demogorgon. and then enzo takes him to yuri himself and they fly to alaska and hopper returns to hawkins. no joyce or murray.

With the retcon of Will's birthday being confirmed, will they go full George Lucas and release enhanced cuts of all the previous seasons?

Attached: SpecialEditionPoster.jpg (1990x2948, 1.6M)

>they could've at least introduced the gladiatorial combat early
It was a little abrupt, I suppose, but it's not like they didn't set it up at all.

i heard they have already begun going back to previous seasons and adding or changing things, like editing in vecnas grandfather clock chime when will is abducted into the upside down the first time, when billy is mindflayed and a few other moments.

based

cringe

Attached: images.jpg (739x415, 30.09K)

I liked the schlock but it in no way made the 5 hours of prison arc filler leading up to it worthwhile.

Rewatching the season and skipping every Russia scene until the first Demogorgon fight is a massive improvement.