WE

youtu.be/3RDaPV_rJ1Y

Attached: SmartSelect_20220706-220404_YouTube.jpg (1426x1042, 457.59K)

Is that the kingdom that sold black slaves to Euro/American slavers?

>The Woman King
Isn't that just a Queen? WTF?

where the white people?

>Kingdom of Dahomey
lol lmao even

WE *clap* NEED *clap* MORE *clap* BLACK *clap* FEMALE *clap* SLAVERS *clap*

Prey just had the same thing

>The growth of Dahomey coincided with the growth of the Atlantic slave trade, and it became known to Europeans as a major supplier of slaves. As a highly militaristic kingdom constantly organised for warfare, it captured children, women, and men during wars and raids against neighboring societies, and sold them into the Atlantic slave trade in exchange for European goods such as rifles, gunpowder, fabrics, cowrie shells, tobacco, pipes, and alcohol. Other remaining captives became slaves in Dahomey, where they worked on royal plantations and were routinely mass executed in large-scale human sacrifices during the festival celebrations known as the Annual Customs of Dahomey.
Can't wait to see this historically accurate movie, bros.

Actual African history for once, I don't mind as long as they're not race bending euro figures again

>the woman king
>the female male
Why are white people so retarded?

Attached: 1611996509972.png (587x500, 388.1K)

Woman King is also a good song by Iron & Wine off the EP of the same name

You know in some pre colonial African societies, women who were often considered at the top of the social ladder were allowed to have multiple "wives?" Basically there own harem. But it's unknown whether the relationships were sexual or romantic. Some believe they were political.

>descendants of black slaves are making a movie glorifying the (black) people who enslaved them
woah history is WHACK

>movie set in 1800s Africa
>Nikki Minaj starts playing
>mfw

Attached: ffff.jpg (504x462, 38.82K)

>Africans should just make movies about their own history instead of blackwashing white history reeee!
>Africans make a movie about their own history
>Nooo, not like this, reeeeeeee!

American education everyone

>The Woman King
Worst BSG episode EVER

Where are the white, asian and indian people?

Usually I onions up this board with left-wing takes but this trailer made me racist

They aren't africans, they are americans - i am willing to bet african people who watch this trailer/movie would feel offended.

They’re going to make all the slaver owners and ship owners white, not Jewish, so I’m not watching

Look at the top of her head

Now this movie looks cool.

So white Americans aren't allowed to make historical pieces about their homeland?

Nobody said that.

There have been women kings though. Jadwiga of Poland was a king yet was also a woman

>make movies about your own culture! Stop stealing our stories!
>NOOOOOO NOT LIKE THAT HELP ME GROYPER GANG
pottery

but they are, well they used to (Godfather)

>unironically using P O W E R F U L
powerful, this is literally everything

isn't this movie about the niggers who enslaved american niggers lol